Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

DeeDub

This happened 30 YEARS AGO PEOPLE. Get a grip. I've never been, or not been, a Paula Deen fan but at this point I am inclined to start supporting her just for the fact that everyone is turning against her for a MISTAKE she made 30 YEARS AGO!!!!!

Bonnie

Paula, being dropped by walmart is probally a blessing, and Smithfield being bought by the chinese doesn't sit well either....Don't play the victim anymore go home where they love you and continue to support you and forget this mess, it will turn around for you...Take a vacation! where one door closes another opens.

jerseygirl

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ANYONE IS TRYING TO PROVE WITH TRYING TO DESTROY THIS WOMAN BUT IT NEEDS TO STOP WHO IS ANYONE TO JUDGE HER GOD CAN ONLY DO THAT!!!! AND ALSO EVERYONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD IS ACTING LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING RACIST LIES...

S G

People can be so two face! Come on every one has said the N word and because she is famouse they want rip her a new one. I say leave the lady alone we are not perfect and it goes to show you that their are a lot of people out their that are still prejudiced and it has not gone away.. GET OVER IT and live in the now it;s not like that any more for god sakes we have a black president!!

r.p.

The sad thing about all of this is how many people will be out of a job in so many areas. More than likely, most of the people that will be affected are the ones that do not make a lot to start with. Think about it!

mark

I love cooking shows, but did not watch hers because the yaaaaalllll got extremely annoying. However, I cannot believe the backlash. This was something said years ago, and she was honest about it. There should be ramifications but to drop her for something that she said 20 years ago is a bit much. She is from a different generation who grew up in the south and although use of that word is unacceptable and she knows it I am sure many have used it. Many of my black friends are very surprised of the backlash and feel she is getting a bad wrap. I do too.

sue cline

Your loss

Liz

I wonder if she needed help mopping up those crocodile tears on The Today Show! What a phony! She just needs to go away.

Catrina

Some whites act like total morons...from reading some if these postings, I'm really starting to think you guys really are a bunch of inbreds. Is this not the same woman who HID her diabetes, while promoting a unhealthy lifestyle? Maybe this was the last straw? What you fail to understand is its not just about a word, it's her mentality that's the problem! Paula is not a victim! Just because you hear rappers and SOME blacks say it, does not make it ok! What part of racial slur don't you understand? I'm black and I find it extremely offensive when I hear others use it. Just because you hear it from others, does not make it ok!!!!!

haha

*Singing* So long, farewell I hate to say goodbye... Bye Paula and let that be a lesson to you and others about being so arrogant about your racism. It will/can destroy you. haha.

Juju777

This is for all of the companies that have dropped Paula. You are a bunch of COWARDS!!!!

Pat green

Why did u drop paulafor a 30 year old mistake? Have u ever heard "don't throw stones" ?

pe we

how dose it feel to bulley an old lady ?we try an teach our kids not to bulley yet grown up seem to think it ok!!! for one word years ago really!!! shame on all of you.and - do not tell the truth on the stand ever ever it could come back to bit you in the A. just stop !

Michelle

I see where u r trying to go. Let me help you understand friend. It is like saying F U to a black person. It IS a curse word. A word that anyone w/ common sense would not ever use toward a black person who is non black. IT IS DORAGATORY, INSULTING, DISRESPECTFUL, MEAN SPIRITED,
CUT TO THE BONE HURTFUL. View it as profanity.
That ugly word, when used towards a black person by a nonblack person is only meant to be insulting, like someone calling a woman a bitch, or C--T, or a man a D--K, or a homosexual a F-G. If your a civilized human being you should understand that!

Nikki

She can always say she said "negus" as in the King of Ethiopia.