Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19

Fluffy

I'd have more respect for her if she'd say what she really believes, but her employees might all be out of work. I'm sure she's worth millions at this point and could say whatever she wants to. There are good and bad apples in all races and religions, and I think we can and should learn from each other how to be better humans. Have I made racial jokes in the past, yep, but I shouldn't if I'm working on being a better human being.

Vic Creed

Someone stick a fork in this pig shes done.

lynchburgbull

why is she catching so much hell for something said 20+ yrs ago. Black comedians make derogatory about white people constantly, calling us cracker, honkey and other things just as bad as the N word. is it because they are black they get away with it because were whaite we cant use a slang. WTH !!!!

Kenny

So Paula admits to using the word in the past privately. Effect on the public..........ZERO
Walmart sells Kanye West cd's to thousands of kids that go around repeating the words to their favorite songs to all who can hear them. Effect on the public.....the promotion and overuse of the "n" word nationwide. It's all a show. Walmart clearly doesn't care one bit about what she admitted to.
It's just a show. Bloody hypocrites.

Funkatronix

I dont want to buy a book to learn how to make Racist Casseroles

DARLENE CAIN

I WLL NEVER WATCH THE FOOD NETWORK, OR QVC, I WILL NEVER GO IN TO WALMART, TARGET OR ANY OTHER BUSINESS THAT DROPS PAULA.... UNTILL THEY HIRE HER BACK !!!!! WHAT SHE SAID WAS A LONG TIME AGO.. WE HAVE ALL SAID AND DONE THINGS THAT WE ARE SORRY FOR... GET OVER IT !!!!! AND BRING PAULA BACK.

bstripp52@gmail.com

Why is Paula being persecuted for something that happened 27 years ago while a gun was held to her head. I will no longer shop at Walmart until she is brought back. She made millions for you because the public bought her products from you. I HOPE many people boycott your stores until you reconsider. Your pocket needs to hurt over this stupidity.

Mary

I will no longer shop at any of your stores until Paula Deen is accepted back!!

Jodi

OMG get over the Paula Dean comments. Big deal she said that stuff… Seriously, it is not like she said it yesterday. Everyone that is giving her crap about saying these things probably said even worse years ago. I see that sears dropped her as a spokesperson. Well Paula don’t worry because Sears sucks anyway. Paula has the best line of pots and pans there is. I have a set of them, and they never burn or stick. I got them at Wal-Mart. Just leave the poor lady alone she really seems like a nice person, and doesn’t deserve this crap. I think whoever started this in the first place should be ashamed of themselves because they are losers looking for attention. KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD HIGH PAULA DEAN!!!! BUY HER PANS THEY ROCK!!

Jo

I am making my list of places I will stop shopping because their management is so ignorant as to think dropping the Paula Deen name products will just punish her.. .do they realize by dropping Paula Deen products it will trickle down and put lots of people out of work. Plus they look stupid for dropping her because of something she said 30 years ago with a gun held to her head. Paula hold your head high - you probably will have a bigger fan base over this because the average person hates to see corporate America tell us what we can or can not buy - especially when it is baseless.

Thom

Funny thing walmart, in the 90's played a golf tournament with some ex's of walmart, top paid guys, and the ****** word was said over and over again throughout the 18 holes. Now to be fair, all top paid employees of walmart should be fired just like your firing of Paula Deen. When is this going to stop against White people. Rappers say that word all the time but you sell their rap crap, pull their stuff or us White people that support you might find other stores to go to.

Previous 15 Comments | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19