Alec Baldwin

Still a Homophobe

Now a Liar, Too!

6/28/2013 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0628_alec_baldwin_7_getty

Alec Baldwin insists he doesn't hate gays ... just "queens" ... and that's just the beginning of the mind-numbingly stupid explanation he just released in the wake of his homophobic Twitter rant.

Baldwin called up a reporter for The Gothamist today ... to address the backlash after he called for his fans to physically attack a "toxic little queen" reporter who wrote an article about his wife tweeting at James Gandolfini's funeral.

Here's what Baldwin had to say:

"The idea of me calling this guy a 'queen' and that being something that people thought is homophobic ... a queen to me has a different meaning. It’s somebody who’s just above. It doesn’t have any necessarily sexual connotations. To me a queen ... I know women that act queeny, I know men that are straight that act queeny, and I know gay men that act queeny. It doesn’t have to be a definite sexual connotation, or a homophobic connotation. To me those are people who think the rules don’t apply to them."

Alec is full of crap ... and here's why: In the same Twitter rant in which he attacked the reporter, George Stark, Baldwin included the threat ... "If (sic) put my foot up your f***ing ass, George Stark, but I'm sure you'd dig it too much."

So let's do some math.  Queen + enjoying a foot up your ass = homophobic slur.

gbtw

i never really thought of queen as being a homophobic slur... i mean, a slur, yes- but i think people can be perfectly accepting and non-homophobic, and still use the word queen, no? or is it one of those n-word things that only queens can use without repercussions? i have plenty of gay friends, so i hear the expression a lot out of them... i've probably used it myself. am i a closet homophobe?

yyovette

Really? With a name like Goldenbwoy, that's sooo Gay!

Gayle

Wow, TMZ, you must be very upset-- sorry you missed out on destroying the career of another celebrity.

I won't grow up

What is truly amazing about this is that the gay community will give this ***hole a pass because he is a screaming Obama supporting liberal. If this disgusting blow hard was a conservative actor he'd be given the Paula Deen treatment an would be ridden out of town on a rail. Baldwin should lose his show, his credit card endorsements and any other contracts he has, he's a homophobic bigot plain and simple.

Lori

If we are going to crucify Paula Deen for something she said a long time ago, then we have to crucify Alec Baldwin for the same crap he pulls time and time again.

ReneeR

Ok so I am sticking up for Alec on this one. I do believe I have called MANY a person a Queen. Straight AND gay, Male and female. And I KNOW I have said the line I would stick my foot up your ass but Im afraid youd like it too much. This in no way shape or form on any planet in any realm, makes me homophobic. And he has the added bonus that he lives in NY City, has ANYONE ever met a New York Queen? It has nothing to do with their sexuality LOL So back off calling him homophobic. Yer going to have to do a lot more than that for me to call homophobe.....

ima toole

I bet one of the gay guys at TMZ wrote this article.

Nat

now "queen" is a bad name against gay people??....I can't keep up anymore! AND WHO CARES IF HE DOESN'T LIKE OR DOES! People can dislike or like....its a free country!

lindadating

He is right. If someone says they'd like to stick their foot up a hetero person's **** is that a heterophobic slur? Get real. It would be merely a disgusting insult, as what he said was. So, screw you Harvey. Stick to celeb gossip already otherwise go and create a spinoff gay-agenda themed site so you can bash any and everyone who possibly offends you. Judging by the daily posts here, that'd be a pretty busy site. Read more over 50 dating news on www.olderseniordating.com

tal0822

Who cares!!! Good for Alec!!

UNLV1990

There so many comments that he has made that are hatful and bigoted. Yet, he still gets jobs and no one cares. Fair is fair, if making inappropriate comments about a protected class is enough to destroy your career. This guy's career should have been over long ago.

Karma's a B.tch!

Tmz, have you once thought of Alec's feelings? He was at the funeral of a close friend he just lost! And some dumbass reporter lies about his wife tweeting during a funeral! And yet you want to attack him because of Homophobic comments! Grow a pair and STFU!

USArmy

Watched the news today and I didn't see this story on any of them. One even ran another story on Paula Dean. Where are all those who jumped on Paula Dean for her comments? Is Matt Lauer going to grill him like he did Paula Dean? Where is the outrage from the LBGT community? Who is going to dump him? Why haven't there been calls for him to be fired from any projects he is currently involved with? His comments weren't made 30 years ago.

Mountain Granny

His thoughts about Gays is irrelevant to me! Everyone knows what a Giant ASS he is! The fact that he might have an influence on those that can't think for themselves, irks me to no end!!!!
What gives me great satisfaction tho' is knowing that his ignorance and hatred helps to make his dried up has been life even more miserable.

joecrabs

Gays are funny. Get over it.