USA's Greatest

Treasure

NICOLAS CAGE

7/5/2013 4:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0701_nic_cage_launch
As most people celebrate Independence Day weekend with a bar-b-que, ball game and some fireworks -- we'd like celebrate by paying homage to an often overlooked staple in this great nation.

With great anticipation we present Nicolas Cage... our "National Treasure."

We salute thee.

21stcent

Really?

Cartman

WTF? Somebody is boozin on the job.

Jordan

The People at TMZ probably thinks the National Mall is made up of only top Designer stores!!!!!!!!

Quiet

im lost

why is he a treasure

isnt he still bankrupt and lost most of his life long career income?
no treasure left in that chest or jewel box

Nadiadamit

Screw U guys and go the f*ck home... anyone who has his movies knows he deserves it. He has been around awhile and has more awesome movies than not. If U don't know..buy a clue.

Hell I was born in the 70's and I still know "The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis" WHY??? because old school is interesting they used big words and could be educational ~it was before the "Idiocracy" true life do***entary we live today. History repeats itself.. educate Urself and know more about life besides what has merely happened in the last 15 years..

SLH

wow ... easy to forget how HOT he was, back in the days of "Peggy Sue Got Married" with Kathleen Turner.

Sonja

I love him! Watched him back in the 80's and 90's ... even his new stuff. It's like loving older movies, or B Horror... You like them for the fun and nostalgia.. you like the 'bad'. They guy has been steadily acting for decades now and though some might not seem like good movies, others were really good... Like Leaving Las Vegas .

Bitchmaster

It should be Kim K, or should I say, her Majesty Kim K.!

Raymond

This guy's track record is indeed fairly unique. From mainstream blockbusters to arthouse type films, crime, drama, comedy, whatever, he's really covered the whole spectrum, and repetitively so. There's very few who've managed to succeed at this level of diversity.

wj

Nic is not a treasure, if you think so TMZ you need serious help.

Walice

Pleez-ZZZ - Its a NEW MOVIE still in production. You scared me, but good one.

jess

You can't deny it, Nick Cage is the spitting image of Kermit the Frog.

Americans! (I shake my head)

I though he was Canadian!

VictoriaGirl

He's one of those people that actually looks better as he ages. If you watch his early work like "Valley Girl", "Peggy Sue Got Married" and "Moonstruck", he was butt fking ugly back then but he got hot during the late 90's.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

If I should ever meet this douche nozzle in person, I'm going to kick him in the nuts for what he did to "The Wicker Man"! Some crimes against humanity cannot be forgiven. And unfortunately they can't be forgotten either...