R.L. Stine

I'm a HUGE 'Twilight' Fan

... Or Am I?

7/11/2013 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

071113_stein_launch

R.L. Stine -- the mad genius behind the "Goosebumps" books -- says he LOVED the first "Twilight" book ... but not enough to pick up the second one.  Sooooo ... literary diss??

Here's the backstory ... Stine was out in NYC yesterday when the topic inevitably turned to Stephenie Meyer's vampire books.

Stine says he liked her original book, but admits he never moved on to "New Moon."

You'd think ... if a fellow best-selling author REALLY "liked" the first book of a massive series, he'd move on to the next book.  Then again ... maybe he's just really busy.

Either way ... "SAY CHEESE AND DIE" RULED!!

TheMarshmallowMan

Gossebumps fan forever

Azi

ATTENTION SPAMMERS

Feel free to spam away, I don't think too many will comment on this story.

Jon

TMZ still no Byline someone did the leg work (from your office) on this story why not give them credit for it.
If I worked for a company would it not be nice to be given credit especially in the publication business which is Industry Standard.
Besides that this story-line was a 1 hit wonder the rest was just feeding off of people's pocketbooks, Would you expect anything else in a response?
Let the inside No votes now begin

STRAY

My sister has a friend who worked for TMZ, and she said their job was to sit on Google and look up dirt on celebrities all day. Harvey is apparently kind of abusive too: not hesitating to berate them with an onslaught of insults of how incompetent they are. She ended up quitting sometime after they found her crying alone in a bathroom stall.

Donka Do Ball

ERMAGERD!

Virtual Insanity

Not necessarily a diss. There are very few series books that I enjoy. I prefer standalone books. He may be the same way despite writing a series.

Mikey

The interviewer asked the old man why he doesn't call his books Hairy Erection. Why the **** is he asking him that. Is he trying to blow this old guy?

sniffle24

Twilight books were stupid. I love RL Stine books!!!!!!!

Shannon

I loved R.L Stine "Fear Street" Books as a teen alot better the Twilight lol

Andy

Say Cheese and Die was the BEST of the series. And what was it, number 4?!?!?!

Sapphiegirl

NOT SO FAST TMZ!!! THE TWILIGHT SEREIES IS TARGETED TO TEENAGERS,SOMETHING RL STINE IS NOT. I MYSELF WOULD RATHER READ THE INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE SEREIS (WHICH IS TARGETED AT ADULTS) THAN SOME HIGH SCOOL DRAMA VAMPIRE SERIES LIKE TWILIGHT!

Sami

Goodnight Kiss and Goodnight Kiss 2 were some of the best teen vampire novels of all time. Love R.L. Stine.