Jane Lynch

Files for Divorce

7/12/2013 4:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0712_jane_lynch_lara_embry_article_tmz
Jane Lynch
is a woman of her word ... a month after announcing her marriage to wife Lara Embry was over, the actress has filed for divorce.

Jane just filed the docs in L.A. County Court, citing "irreconcilable differences." The 52-year-old "Glee" star met 44-year-old Embry back in 2009 at a fundraiser in San Francisco. They were married a year later in Massachusetts and registered for a domestic partnership in California soon after.

According to the doc, Jane and Lara have been separated since February. There are no minor children.

In the doc, Jane says she wants to terminate the court's jurisdiction to award Lara spousal support.

Sources connected to the couple have told TMZ they do NOT have a prenup, which means they can expect a 50/50 split of all marital assets ... but that will all be determined later.

royalredus

Well, in all fairness if she was a woman of her word, she would have kept the promise to stay married until death do them part. But hey, I love Jane, so que sera sera...

FUT THE SHUCK UP

All is not well in Gayville

Stiletto

She gave plenty of warning...so it wasn't a complete tuna surprise.

Evelyn

DAMN...THAT'S AN OLD LOOKIN 44 YEAR OLD! GEEZ

Greg

Homosexuals are unable to remain monogamous unlike heterosexuals. They're always looking for their next conquest.

nof

Jane don't give her anything.

Give her the Yellow Book.

The Gravy Train's over.

TipseyMcStagger

But marrie isn't legal + who cares about the private lives of fish lickers (and/or rappers/sports goofballs)..

Just stick to Bynes, Lohan and the occassional Tara Reid boob-slip TMZ!

jef

Gays are not normal, period. Sorry Charlie....

nof

CVS is looking for people.

Costco, too.

maintboy

got tired of sushi and ketchup

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

HAHA!

Jody

It seems like now that they can get married, once they do, they grow tired of each other very quickly. It's like they are not rebelling against the authority any longer, so it isn't challenging or something.

Don

Ah Jane, welcome to my world, the world of heterosexual divorce.. As women react differently to these kind of things and let their emotions run a-muk, here's some free advice

Married in Mass., Registered as a domestic couple in "California", live in "California", you're pretty much toast babes.

I used to say the justice sys in Family crt was biased towards breasts and a vagina. I was tempted but the change couldn't be temporary. In fact I've told many if I had breasts I'd fondle myself all day long and not get anything done. It would have been cheaper though if I'd made the swap.

But Jane babes, ya proved me wrong.
Welcome to my world. And if you want to switch to the other team, I'm there fore you . Just don't call me darling or honey! Love ya Babes!!

FUT THE SHUCK UP

EXACTLY! No challenge = no excitement. It's like rebellious children.

Miss Greta

I can't wait to see Elton John's husband divorce him and file for sole custody of their kid. Elton will flip his wig fighting against paying alimony and splitting his massive £££ fortune with his ex-boyfriend. Hope everyone who demanded marriage equality are still happy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments