« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Greg

Awesome. Amazing to see integrity in action. Terrell Gausha just set a new standard for public figures to uphold.

Obama should have said the same thing.

CAG310

Good. We don't want someone as ignorant as you representing our country. Im sure you would have done the same thing when OJ was found innocent.

Pamela

Then don't wear it. You don't deserve to wear it. IMO. You respect the system. I'm sure you know your way out of USA- leave!! ~~~Just one's opinion

femonanon

I. too, am very ashamed of this nation. To harass and persecute a person for defending themself against an attempted murderer is outright disgraceful and racist. George Zimmerman's life has been destroyed because of a high black wanna-be gangster.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

Some black people are demanding that we ignore the jury's decision so that they can avenge some guy that got shot while smashing someone's head into the concrete. At least Zimmerman had a good reason - to save his own life. Look at an average day in Chicago, black people are shooting other black people several times a day for very little reason.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

This LOW-LIFE disgusting piece of crap named Terrell Gausha is the BIGGEST RACIST of all.

Never heard of the loser, hope to never hear of him again.

Forker

Will someone please tell the boxer it was a jury of 6 women who decided on the innocent verdict and not the USA collectively . OMG how dumb !

Dan Frederiksen

So starting 2 wars and killing a million people based on obvious lies didn't make you ashamed of the US flag but this verdict did?

Josh

It is the blind, ignorant people such as Terrell Gausha that ruin America. Comparing an open and shut indisputable case of animal torture like Michael Vick to a astronomically different situation of a person fearing for his life and defending himself, simply proves this guy is so racist he can't even see straight. It's like facts mean absolutely nothing to some of these protesters. All they care about is that a) he's black and B) he lost.

Soiled Midget Panties

"Damn any man who sympathizes with Indians! ... I have come to kill Indians, and believe it is right and honorable to use any means under God's heaven to kill Indians.
—- Col. John Milton Chivington, U.S. Army"

It's always funny listening to Americans talk about terrorism and immigration. The US is built off of it.

BB not bb

He is typical of all of these dumb protestors. He is going to judge his whole country based on one case he didn't even study the facts of. Not only is he incorrect, but he is shallow and a traitor in spirit.

These people hate America to begin with and Trayvon is their excuse. Who respects the flag by putting it on their head and rear end anyway. This guy is so clueless, he thinks anyone cares.

Okay so he is going to dishonor America by not letting its flag cover his butt and face. Hey thanks.

bob_bitchin

I hope he gets his teeth knocked out...by an American

mary

so it was okay for oj to get not guilty, mj to get not guilty? I don't recall the president commenting on the oj vedict, people cheered these not guilty verdicts. just do away with juries . it isn't respected any way and they will be scared to give honest verdict. soon no one will want to serve on jury, for fear of being vilified. the man isn't white, he is a minority, how can it be a hate crime, racial crime ( I thought that was reserved for whites only)?

BB not bb

These worthless crybabies are blocking rush hour traffic in Times Square and downtown Newark and breaking windows in Oakland. They are looking to riot no matter what. That is what some people like to do in the summer when it is hot. They want some free things to loot out of stores.

People like this are low lives. I don't know why they are being allowed to do his either. I am sure they don't have permits to bring transportation and business to a stand still in major cities.

This is utter depravity caused by greed and selfishness. I thought people were being better than that but I guess there are still a lot of low class people around.

DeeMaree

So what non racist country are you moving to?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments