« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Miri

You are the looser we don't want you to wear it either you ignorant and ungrateful peace of garbage! You should be thankful that you have come this far and you were giving the opportunity here in the good old USA! Go back to where you belong!

george

black people always want to pull the race card only when they want to. for them it is k for a black man to kill another black man, but if you are not black the will call being racist. also if a black person kill another race it is k? really? it goes to show black people from the hood/ghetto think.

Kelly Rollins

Who cares if he doesn't wear the Red, White, and Blue, he can do whatever he wishes...this is America!

He SUCKS as a boxer anyway, so please quit embarrassing the USA by wearing our Flag you moron!

carol

You are ashamed of wearing the U.S. but you are more than proud to take the U.S. money...what a jerk you are...When you get into trouble and a jury finds you innocent I will be sure to lead the way for you to be found guilty!! Another thing, leave America if you are so ashamed!!!!

geri

good then don't wear it....cause we don't want a racist wearing our flag.....did you feel that way when oj was aquitted....I guess not .....cause we didn't hear anything from none of you

lazypadawan

I felt the same way when Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson walked.

No, wait, I didn't.

Ed

We're ashamed you are boxing for our country.

Cherice

tmz is a haven for racists like harvey. wow

WIZ

Hey Terrel I felt the same way after the OJ verdict how does it feel

danny

What an idiot. The kid was a punk. I'm sorry he's dead but it was self defense. Maybe you should go hang out with the other raciest pigs like Rev Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton. As long as people like you are around there will always be racism

Richard

The zealots speak and the stupid follow. You are innocent until proven guilty. The state did not have enough evidence to convict. Noone really knows what happened that night. You cannot go on lynch mob mentality. And sorry I hate to say this but you cannot expect racism to die, when everytime something happens they do not like they go and riot.

MP

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out! Did he miss the part about Mr. Martin smashing Mr. Zimmerman's head into the ground? Mr. Martin is not completely innocent in this matter.

lola479

Why do people insist on ignoring the facts that Trayvon was a teenager with a grown man's body who attacked Zimmerman first and beat him MMA style and smashed his head into the concrete multiple times? Trayvon was not the innocent child people are making him out to be. It must be nice to ignore the facts. Ignore must be bliss.

Change it back

Which part of the words "fair trial" are you ashamed of. Jerk!

Linda

Then I suggest he find another country to live in.