« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

rjinsd

wanna act and dress like a thug - then ya gonna die like one.

tysondole

If that's the case then get the hell out of our country and move back to Africa

Zak

Good morning idiots... Lets please not forget that Zimmerman was the aggressor. If he got his fat ass handed to him it was probably because Trayvon was exercising his right to "stand your ground".

LisaT

Then by all means leave the country. If you are so darn ashamed to even wear the USA flag then leave the country.

Fred Thompson

There is racism in this thing...but it wasn't directed at Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman was getting his head bashed in by this punk....what was he supposed to do? I would have emptied the clip.

BB not bb

Rocky . . . Eye of the Tiger.

Katz

Then don't wear it and move to a country you can be proud of.

nikstar01

Then by all means...on behalf of the USA, GTFO and DON'T COME BACK. Have fun trying to say things like that in your next country of choice.

BB not bb

Maybe he and Psi can go ask Kim Jong Un if he has any room.

Susanlsmith

Nobody's making you stay in this country. then leave

Edwood

Hey Ya'll, would anybody mind if I called this punk the N Word? Yeah, I didn't think so.

Cindy

Whatever.

lawntamersinc

Can't wait for my next Florida vacation!

Quizibo

He hates America because Zimmerman had the constitutional right (under the sixth amendment) to a "right to a speedy and public trial" by a jury of his peers? We dont live in Africa (though it seems as we do with all the riots in the streets) where the accused is subjected to mob mentality. The jury had all the evidence presented to them and made a decision based on that. Live with it.

danijo

Who F#C^!ng CARES??? Anybody ever think that Travon could have been running his fat mouth and deserved what he got??? Get the F over it. The jury has spoken... Lets talk about all the other innocent people being killed!!!!!