« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kasey

FREE. TO. LEAVE.

meldale

You shouldn't be wearing the American flag as clothing anyway, dick wad. You're ashamed? Leave. There are plenty of countries that would be glad to have you, I guess. (Although, I really don't know who he is).

Meanie

Then move to Johannesburg twit.

char

Where is LaRaza? Why aren't they speaking up? George is hispanic? His brother and family members have stated so. Oh thats right it doesnt fit the political or racists agenda if he's hispanic. he has to be white in order to scream racism and that young black males have to be afraid of whites because whites are out to kill them. Can't believe this is actually being said by people on Tv. The only racism I see is against white people. La Raza you need to step up to the plate. .

susu

Terrell Gausha is an idiot!!

DTD

Go f**k yourself, then leave. We dont want you here.

Chris

Sounds like a tool.

Don

Based on your comments I don't want you representing my country with my flag you assume you can drape around your neck

Since you portray such ignorance and "stupidity" here's the facts as divulged by the evidence and the jurors-
this was not racially motivated, nothing, nada.
Travon was the aggressor who attacked Zimmerman
Zimmerman pulled his gun as a last resort to stop the attack- tell me you wouldn't do the same- you being a supposed boxer, all that, and a bag of chips.

Now to the real facts:
You are a racist
You are a bigot
You are a race baiter
You are an instigator

I and others say thanks as you won't be wearing MY flag anywhere- YOU don't represent ME.
You disrespect Me as an American.
Good riddance
Nary a wordt about all the blacks killing blacks which is the real problem. And now you want a free pass from that..

Its idiots like you that portray black as thugs.
How about the thug look be changed. Attitudes will change

In fact if you really have balls, take on a similar weight class in the MMA- now you'll get and take a beating. Smuck

Yeah, I'm a Cracker white ass white guy who's tired of getting blamed for your bad behavior

Passthepeas

Then don't! I'm sure there are others who would be proud to wear that uniform, and not be ashamed. *****ia is always looking for Olympic athletes, or you can just put on a $120 ****ye t-shirt with al sharpton's and jesse jackson's greasy faces on it.

UPYOURS

Really? Blame the USA for TM not getting justice? How about blaming the fvcked up laws in Florida? That is where the blame lies.

lee

Why did he go and confront this young, he wasn't doing anything i don't care what coulour or race the person is i am not a racist i treated everyone equal.
He was told to leave him alone but no, is it because
he had a gun and he know that if he killed him he
could say self defence. A black lady was given 20 years just for firing a gun, another lady was rape
by a white man he was not charge she had to pay him, people are protesting because anyone could
kill them or a family member and say it was self defense. if it was a family member and they did
wrong i expect them to be punished

BH

Then go live somewhere else!!!

Karla

Oh well guess that means you will not be boxing here at all as why would you want to take that dirty money from people that will pay to see you here in this nasty Country. I hear Liberia is nice this time of year.....have a good trip.

CrazyOldie

You live in a country where there is a legal system that asked your own PEERS that were agreed upon by the defense and prosecutor who came to a fair conclusion (albeit not what man wanted). If you dont like America, get the eff out. Boxers are a dime a dozen.

Brooke

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen, was he disgraced when O.J. got off for killing 2 white people? No he was probably in the streets dancing. And what about Casey Anthony who killed her BABY, did the president ever address that situation?