« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

GetOverYourself

Racism and hatred. Really? Wow, I remember the black community cheering when OJ was set free. When people complained about the verdict, black leaders called them racists, and said that it was a verdict by our judicial system and we had to deal with it. I believe Sharpton was one of them. Now, they are doing a complete 180 when it comes to Zimmerman, who is half South American, by the way. All of our sudden our justice system is racist and flawed. It really makes you wonder who the REAL racists are.....

Marianne_Law

If that's how he feels, than good for him. I respect his opinion like I resects the courts. I'm not going to bash the efforts of a Olympian because I don't agree with his thoughts, like the reverse psychological racists that now claim blacks are the worst racists of all. White and other minorities refuse to respect the horrible history blacks endured, and won't acknowledge that that it is a proven fact these very same racial atrocities still effect millions of people today. Talk about true ignorance. While blacks are silent on these issues many caucasians are making making their entire race look ridiculously horrible to the entire world. White people have ranted about the behavior of black folks and now their starting to make themselves look like the very claim of how they perceived black culture to be... Haha if whites were as smart as they claim they would actually be kind to other races then pull the rug from under the people they hate. Come on white folks you can do better than trashy racist behavior. Lets have a little more class about your hate.

TAMMY

Then leave the country if you don't like it. It is not the entire country's fault that some idiot down in Florida is a hater. Not everyone is so please don't paint us all with the same brush as George Zimmerman.........Thank you

MrsIttyBitty

Not the first time I have seen this so im finally going to reply. Vick's dog fighting EVIDENCE.... the dogs were buried in his own freakin back yard! The treadmills, chains, etc were all in his own house, property. The George Zimmerman Trial the EVIDENCE.... the prosecution had none (yes i watched the entire trial). Get the F over it. It's two completely different things!

James Caldwell

People have to understand how the legal system works. Michael Vick broke the law and was tried in court after breaking said law. In this case, a court in Florida examined the evidence, REMOVED THE EMOTION FROM THE SITUATION, applied the law to the case, and determined that there was enough reason to believe Zimmerman acted in self-defense for Zimmerman to be found not guilty of murder. The reasonable doubt is vital to understanding why Zimmerman was found not guilty.

joe

Then leave OUR country and don't threaten us with your stupid remarks!! You don't deserve to wear our colors!!

Shannon

Uh huh.. Good to know that race is the sole determinaton of guilt ot innocence,, "Yo, we don't needs to see no ev'dince,,, Dat dude dat killed the li'l bruther? man dat dud be guilty an' ****.... We gun' riot an get some free ****...."

m oconnor

then take it off. have the courage of your convictions and leave.

michelle

If you are ashamed I will gladly show you to a plane or boat to take you ANYWHERE you feel would be better. I for one LOVE MY COUNTRY AND THE LEGAL SYSTEM HAS SPOKEN. The state could not
fabricate evidence proving this was not self defense. But aside from this you want to make a change in this country? Get your ass you there at the community level and make a difference. But if you just want to be ashamed. GET THE HECK OUT.

dianne

Then I suggest you not represent the USA and let some other deserving person compete. If you are unhappy hear, I suggest you move to your homeland, Africa. I am really sure you can make it there as they all that welfare, food stamps, and baby mamas you could ever hope for, NOT.

CelebJustice

But he doesn't mind those American dollars.

Fred Farkel

George Zimmerman is exactly where he belongs: NATIONAL HERO

Trayvon is also exactly where he belongs: DEAD

Please list your comments below and I will check in from time to time and laugh at you.

tAz

I agree with this 100%! Amerikkka care more about dogs than they do human life... Amerikkka is still a racist ass country.

liz

So move...preferably to a country that throws random people in jail without a trial & keeps them there for no reason! Iran maybe!?!

bob

You damn commie

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A.