'Sons of Anarchy' Star

Drops $1.7 Million ...

On Mansion To Die For

7/18/2013 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0712_ryan_hurst_house_launchOpie from "Sons of Anarchy" suffered one of the most tragic deaths on TV ... but the actor who played him is living the high life ... dropping $1.7 million on a sick new pad in the Valley.

Our Valley real-estate sources tell us ... Ryan Hurst bought a 3,400-square-foot Woodland Hills home in April. With 5 bedrooms, 4 baths, wood floors, vaulted ceilings, built-in BBQ, and a pool.

His TV counterpart didn't fare so well ... Opie was killed off in season 5, during one of the most intense moments of television history ... when he got beaten to death with a lead pipe.

So congrats to Ryan. RIP Opie.

21stcent

I want to see more of Ryans work. Hope he has something coming up.

Brian

No such thing as a mansion to die for in the Valley that only costs $1.7 million.

cobrazombie

What's with all the damn spam in the comments? So much of it.

And get rid of that douchbag Bieber pic on the right, please.

Gretel

I thought it was a bit formal but it was far more homey than a lot of those cold, sterile places. I could set that down on the Delaware Bay where I live. All the white kind of worries me but I guess if I could afford that place I could afford a staff to keep it clean. I liked the kitchen.

emme

Love that house...too bad it is in the Valley. If it was in Santa Monica it would be so much better and 3x as expensive!

Nancy

My kind of kitchen. Love it.

notta

Good for Ryan. He deserves it. He is great in all of his movies.

KirkB

He's on the new King and Maxwell series playing a TOTALLY different character than Opie...

what

He is on king and Maxwell...it a good show on TNT....I hope it sick...the actor he plays is so funny...I loved him as opie

Mike

1% of 1.7 million is $17,000 a year in property taxes. Add on the fees for street lights and all the other stuff they tack on to our tax bills and were talking about $2,300 a month just in taxes. $2,300 sounds trivial when you're working, but actors go through long periods of unemployment.

Oh well, it's his money to do with as he pleases, but it doesn't sound like the wisest investment. It is definitely a nice house, but 1.7 mill to live in the valley? No thanks.

Loved the character of Opie.

Dan

One of the best shows on TV. Opie went through so much crap but remained loyal to his brothers to the end. If anyone is wondering the song is by Greg Holden and it is called The Lost Boy. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNhToEXdDCQ
It was played at Ope's wake.

Solaera

Okay, that was a dick move posting that huge spoiler for those of us who haven't seen season 5 which doesn't come out on DVD until August 27th. Seriously, TMZ, EFF YOU. So pissed right now.

JimmyB

It certainly is...white.

Mgv

Thxs TMZ for ruining season 5 for me but I still love your show.

Kathy

If Ryan wants to drop THAT much money on a house then that's HIS business, NOT YOURS!!!!!!!! Mind your own damn business

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments