Justin Timberlake & Jay Z

This One's for Trayvon Martin

7/20/2013 8:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Justin Timberlake
and Jay Z honored Trayvon Martin Friday night ... dedicating the song "Forever Young" to the 17-year-old shooting victim.

Jay and Justin kicked off their "Legends of the Summer" tour this week -- and during their closing number Yankee Stadium in NYC -Jay shouted to the audience, "Everybody put a cell phone and light it up ... let's light the sky for Trayvon Martin tonight in here."

Beyonce also dedicated a song to Trayvon ... shortly after George Zimmerman's not guilty verdict last weekend.

America1

I've never like JZ and now I do not like Justin, who I used to love. I'm so glad all celebrities feel the need to discredit the whole court system and the verdict. What made this kid so special? What about all the truly innocent kids that are killed daily? Oh if they're black and killed by a black their life is insignificant? Really????

America1

I used to like Justin but not any longer. and I've never like JZ... This case needs to just end already.

hersh

Get over it!!!!!!!!!

Lahlah

There's nothing racist about holding peaceful rallies and protesting a law that is unjust and dangerous. Trayvon was chased down and then accosted by a man brandishing a gun. When Trayvon tried to "stand his ground" he was killed for it. And don't try to tell me that Zimmerman wasn't brandishing a gun when he approached him. There's no way gz would approach a stranger in the dark without letting them see his gun. He's too much of a coward for that.

Debbie

I went to have a baby

char

Do any of you really think it would be safe for a white kid to walk some of the inner city streets and not be jumped or killed? You all scream racial and criminal profiling is wrong. Don't you think maybe if you had more criminal profiling in Chicago and other major cities with black youths slaughtering each other and innocent young children being shot and killed THERE MIGHT BE LESS. Oh thats right then you would be screaming like you are now that there are more blacks in jail than whites. Wonder why that is?

static

He's been dead a year and a half kinda late for that unless you're real aim us to draw attention to yourself.

Lahlah

Char - If a white kid is killed BECAUSE he is white then it would be comparable to this situation. Everyone keeps talking about how blacks are slaughtering each other but they never quote any of their sources. Where are you getting this information? There is NO END to the number of white people who commit murder and i am sick of people acting as if our white skin some how means that we murder less. I know one thing, serial killers are almost always white. Mass murderers are almost always white. How many black men do you hear about shooting up schools and movie theaters? Oh that's right. NONE. Even the first known female serial killer, Aileen Wournos, was white. So you wanna talk about slaughter then go ahead. But dont you DARE act like it's limited to the black race.

char

You missed my point completely. All the race baiters out there in the media claim it is open season on black youths and white people are out to get them. Ifs tha'ts not a racists statement against white people I don't know what is especially since the facts are Zimmerman is hispanic and his family calls themselves hispanic. Why did the news media and race baiters turn this into white against black. If it had been a predominately black neighborhood and there had been breakends by young white teenagers it could have been a black night watchman shooting a young white teenager or even better yet a group of black vigilanties beating and killing the young white teenager and leaving him on the street for dead. And nobody would care. I don't know about all white people but Im sick and tired of all this hatred and racism against whites. There's a few blacks who are honest enough to admit that there is racism against whites I just wish they all were as honest.

char

P.S You need to pick up a newspaper or watch a newscast if you havn't read are heard about black on black slaughtering of each other in the streets of Chicago,L.A. New York,.New Orleans. As a matter of fact you probably shouldn't even be commenting it's pretty obvious that you never watched the trial and only listened to the race baiters and the agendas of people wanting to keep themselves relevant for political and financial reasons.

char

P.S.S. You also need to check your facts before you start running off at the mouth. There are more blacks that kill blacks than white kill blacks. There are more blacks that kill whites than whites that kill blacks. Also, check your facts there are more blacks that use the STAND YOUR GROUND defense than whites. I don't even know why I'm discussing this with you the shooter was hispanic ,he and his family say that not me a white person who is out to get all blacks according to all you race baiters

char

Why is it that Trayvon's parents and Trayvons parents attorneys all said this wasn't about race, that was before the not guility verdict they said this. Now that the verdict is not guilty they are claiming it's racists. Why because it's going to be harder to for them to sue and receive more money with a not guilty verdict. They've already received over a million dollar settlement from the HOA of the apt. complex but that was before the not guilty verdict. Bet the HOA wishes they would have waited for the verdict before paying out the money.

Lahlah

A whole LOT of statements made by you without so much as one single source to back any of it up. And yes, I did watch the trial. Btw, i NEVER said blacks dont kill blacks. Nobody else has said it either so quit putting words in people's mouths. What I did say is that murder is not confined to blacks. I also said that there is NO END to the number of white people who commit murder. Zimmerman is HALF Hispanic, his father is white. In my eyes he is a white man, I don't care what his family says. I also don't care what the Martin family said before or after the verdict. I maintained all along that this was about race, because it is. Not because I am a race baiter. You sound so ridiculous and you don't even have a clue how stupid you are. You're talking about all this racism against whites and prejudice against whites? What a joke! Does it happen? YEAH! Does it happen enough that it's a serious problem? Uh.....not hardly. I'm white, I live in the Detroit area among many blacks. I have seen racism against blacks by whites more times than I could ever possibly count. I see it on a daily basis. Yet I have never, not even ONCE experienced racism toward myself FROM a black. Just because a few outspoken black knuckleheads in the media are talking about race when you don't think it's appropriate doesn't mean there is "all kinds of racism" against whites. You're inventing things for your convenience. If you are to be believed racism against whites is the scourge of our nation, and is going to be our downfall. I would be laughing right now if your comments weren't so sad.

char

There's plenty of sources out there did you watch any of the news shows on NBC,CNN,CBS,FOX,they all were discussing these facts this morning. As a matter of afct they've been discussing these facts before and after the verdict. And by the way why is it okay for you to call the Zimmermans whiteor white hispanic when they choose to call themselves hispanic? Did you forget our President is white also and was raised by his white family? Than by your logic our president should be called our white african american president or our african american white president. That I guess means he really isn't our first african american president because he is white too except for his skin color. So its ok to call the Zimmermans whatever you want if it fits your agendas.

char

It's a shame you can't have a conversation without name calling or without misquoting what I have said. You really don't have to say anymore than what you have already said and that is you don't care what the Martins or Zimmermans have said it's only about what YOU think that are the facts of this case.and not the true facts. You need to read more newspapers and watch the news to get your facts straight not what's generated in your own mind.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments