Anthony Weiner

Some Sexting Happened

AFTER My Resignation

7/23/2013 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

072313_anthony_weiner_cnn_launch
NYC mayoral candidate and self-admitted Internet perv Anthony Weiner says he continued to engage in SEXTING other dirty sex stuff AFTER he resigned from office.

Weiner said the most recent sexting incident took place last summer.

Weiner says the sexting "is entirely behind me now" ... and he will not drop out of the race for NYC mayor.

Weiner's wife Huma Abedin -- who looked SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE during the event -- also addressed the media ... and said she decided to stay married to Weiner because she felt it was the best decision for the family.

"I have forgiven him, I believe in him and as I have said from the beginning we are moving forward," Huma said.

During the media conference, a creepy guy behind a cubicle kept popping up behind Weiner like a whac-a-mole. At one point, the guy waved ... it was pretty hilarious.

0723_CREEPY_GUY_weinerWeiner initially called for the news conference to address the latest allegations -- first reported by TheDirty.com-- involving lewd photos and chat messages he sent to a 22-year-old girl on the Internet in 2012.

Weiner resigned from Congress in 2011.

Weiner has already released a statement admitting the chats were real ... but didn't say whether the Internet affair actually occurred in the wake of his infamous 2011 sexting scandal, as the 22-year-old woman is claiming.

Weiner said, “I said that other texts and photos were likely to come out, and today they have."

0723_huma_abedin_awkward_expressions_footer

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Hello? Am I the only person on the planet that has noticed that this guy's name is "Weiner?" Weiner haha!!! I don't know how you losers talk or think about this freak without constantly cracking up. The world will never run out of Weiner jokes! And yet, you're all like, "Yes, we need a big weiner for mayor," and "I really like that weiner-type of leadership. Rigid and throbbing." His name is WEINER!!

esleenda

I COULD potentially forgive a moment of poor "judgment", but come on people, he LIED TO YOU! How can we continue to look past such BS? Once of POS liar, ALWAYS.

TMZFan84

What an a**

4 SURE

What the hell is wrong with people?! Dump his pervy big nosed nerdy ass already! His last name is WEINER for christ's sake!....and why are they having their conference in front of office cubicals?......and is that Al Roker waaaay in the back behind the creepy guy? So many questions

I Can't With You People

These women release this information for self promotion. Nevermind his wife ans her feelings. I wish hoes were treated more like Ms. Lewinsky than Ms. Kardashian when they pull stunts like this.

EnquirerLover

Lol. Is this a promo release for this weeks SNL? Lol. You couldn't think this scene up! Sometimes it's better to be quiet.

HumanNature

HE'S A "D!CK" JUST LIKE HIS NAME SAYS!!!!!

ROTFLMAO

Delphinus13

I can't decide who's more pathetic. This pervert, a pi$$-poor excuse for a man, or his wife who continues to stick with him in his quest for political power. If the NYC voters stupidly vote this clown into office, they deserve EVERYTHING that happens.

HumanNature

HAVE ANYONE NOTICE THAT HIS WIFE, HUMA ABEDIN DID NOT TAKE HER HUSBAND LAST NAME!!!!!!!

Delphinus13

I'm in shock 13% of the 63,000+ people who voted opted for "Yes" on whether or not they support this clown for mayor. Obviously, they're the people at the left tail of the intelligence distribution curve.

Tommigirl_27

DISGUSTING!!!! Never in a million yrs would I vote for a sick man like him! YUK! !!!!

Mary

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

joecrabs

Not sure who is more pathetic, him or his wife for staying with him. Unfortunately, the Democrat, liberal a--holes of NY will probably elect this fiend.

Mayu

I'm telling you... there is SUCH a break down of the morals in our country. Have as much premarital sex as you want with as many partners as you want... and have taxpayers give you free birth control. Spread your legs, oops? don't worry have an abortion. Lets redefine the religious definition of marriage to include gays, straights, multiples, man/child live, human/animal love... Lets let the minority rule the country because we don't want the majority's vote to hurt their feelings. Lets do what feels good and is easy... not what's right and could be hard. So I guarantee you... He will get re-elected. All politicians are crooked, and the more crooked they are, the more people love them.

myopinion

We are on the outside looking in.....She knows him we don't! She seems to be a strong woman that is not giving up on her marriage. I hope it works for her and her family....Best wishes! No one is perfect on this earth.