George Zimmerman

Stopped By Cops, Packing Heat

7/31/2013 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

073113_george_zimmerman_launch_v2
update_bar
1:55 PM PT --
We've obtained the police dashcam video of the stop ... in which George Zimmerman informs the cop he has a firearm in his glove box.

Both Zimmerman and the officer are very polite to each other during the stop.

Zimmerman remains in his vehicle during the entire incident.

gray-bar-update

George Zimmerman
is still armed and theoretically dangerous ... he was stopped by cops for speeding and revealed he had a gun in his glove compartment.

Zimmerman was speeding in Forney, Texas on Sunday, just after noon, when he was stopped by police.  Zimmerman told cops he was headed "nowhere in particular," and informed them he had a firearm in his glove compartment.

Zimmerman was given a warning, after cops determined he was free of warrants.  He was sent on his way with a polite goodbye, "Have a safe trip."

The stop lasted around 5 minutes.

BTW ... law enforcement tells TMZ ... he was NOT wearing a disguise ... it was full blown George Zimmerman.

0731_stars_support_trayvon_martin_footer_v2

BC

He's probably just roaming the country, looking for more people to "save."

Daniel

Hey TMZ, we're going to need a separate story about the race/ethnicity of the officer.

Lizzieliz81

I would carry a gun too! There a tons of people that would love to kill him.

Tinalouise

Going "nowhere in particular" really means he is out stalking more poor innocent young black boys he can harass. Who says they are going "nowhere in particular"?? That is just weird and with a gun in his car? Freaking creeper.

Vivian

Wow...I thought laying low for a while might be a smart thing to do.

CJ

I would be carrying a gun if I were him too! A lot of morons want to commit violent acts against him right now.

ricky

Welcome to Texas brother. Dont worry we are nice and love the 2nd amendment.

Jballs

Stop hating on George. He is a star and got star treatment like it or not.

oink

I can't wait for the news story that he has been killed. tick tick tick....

KicksandGiggles

Of course he does not have to obey speed limits. He shot a kid to death and got away with it so of course he feels entitled to do what he damn well pleases now. He does need the gun though. I love the new truck his supporters gave him.

AC

Only in America

Michelle

Bring it on haters, I don't care. TEAM ZIMMERMAN!!!

gegeok

I wish I got a warning for speeding...# #ticket

Tish

I don't blame him..in fact I would be packing more than 1 in my glove box..I always wondered how people could be so stupid & gullible after learning of the Salem Witch trials..then this occurred and I clearly saw how a particular group of people can influence supposed intelligent court officials..Wow ..history repeated itself ..fortunately the rule of law won out..but not if the ones screaming Burn the Witch had anything to do with it.

Cami

He needs his gun more than ever now! Leave George alone!