« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Leaves Philadelphia Eagles

After N-Word Threat

8/2/2013 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0802-riley-cooper-getty
Philadelphia Eagles
wide receiver Riley Cooper needs some serious n-word counseling ... so much so he's taken a leave from the team.

A rep for the Eagles was blunt and to the point: "Riley Cooper will be seeking counseling and we have excused him from all team activities."

The rep says Riley needs to understand how his racist threats -- to fight every n***er at the Kenny Chesney concert -- are hurtful.

The team is hedging over whether Cooper will be welcome back.

For his part, Riley says, "The organization and my teammates have been extremely supportive, but I also realize that there are people who will have a tough time forgiving me for what I’ve done. The best thing for me, and for the team, is to step away for a period of time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

daved0622

This whole thing is dramatic overkill. Move on.
How about everyone on the Eagles made a stupid comment, probably on alcohol, take a TIME OUT.

wtf?

So Vick (Ron Mexico) spreads herpes, is a pothead, runs a dog killing ring and kills them w/his own hands, money launders and serves time for RICO, but he's give a job and millions. This dude says a word that "offends" some people (most of whom say it every fVcking day) and he's going to lose his job? I know the NFL is 80% black, but ticket holders are prob 85% white/non-black. I think it would be a good idea of they showed their displeasure in someone losting his job over this phony-ass nonsense.

Cartman

Silly white person.. only blacks are allowed to use that word.

B_Lew

I'm just gonna sit back and watch how many white ppl on here say something along the lines of "get over it black ppl say it all the time" daved0622 is the first idiot..oh but he Won't be the last

Pudding Tang

You think he's a Bill O'Riley Cooper fan?

PelosiSux

My parents and grandparents taught me that words are words ("sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me") AND that I should be never say anything to hurt anyone ("do unto others as you would have them do unto you"). SO, HOW HAS OUR SOCIETY TURNED INTO ONE WHICH OSTRACIZES AND TERMINATES PEOPLE FOR USING A WORD -- BUT ONLY NON-BLACK PEOPLE? WHAT IS THAT?

J

Wow talk about having a target on your back while on the playing field. This guy is going to get hit, and hit often!

PitBullLover

this is just getting STUPID now.....and agree on Vick the Torturer....what a POS.

samson

I'm not sure counseling is gonna be enough. What he may really have to do is choose a sport with fewer massive black men lined up across from him, looking to break him on every down.

OK

Looks like a bunch of white trash.

DetroitRocks

Why are people surprised that there are racist football players?

BC

You'd think people would know better by now about using that word! come on!

BeingReal

Black people grinds my fcking gears. they say this stupid ass words all the time but expect no one else to use it. Ignorant ******s need toblearn to live by example. The Eagles are dumb asses. Other players can rape women, kill people and get susoended for one game but Rikey cant say ****** when he's drunk, and having a fight with someone? Fck this team. they suck anyway

freaksloan

If I say something that offends you, that is YOUR PROBLEM and NOT MINE.

If I can say something that UPSETS you, that just means I have POWER of YOU.

Would there be the same outcry if it was a BLACK player at a JAY-Z concert and he said the same thing about white people? The answer is NO!

Cool Papa

I cannot believe how many people are defending this vile, racist s***bag. This is why I need to be hired for TMZ Sports.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments