Selma Blair

Very Public Breastfeeding

8/9/2013 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0809-selma-blair-breastfeeding-splash
Selma Blair is mixing fun bags with shopping bags -- the former "Anger Management" star was unabashedly breastfeeding in plain sight at one of the biggest shopping spots in L.A. like it was no big deal.

Blair was spotted at The Grove with her 2-year-old son ... pumping the kid full of breast milk on a trolley, surrounded by shoppers.

The move is interesting ... considering earlier this week, a Chick-fil-A in Tennessee came under fire when an employee asked a mother to stop nursing her 5-month-old kid where other people could see.

Clearly, Selma's not shy when it comes to the matter -- but we gotta ask ...

Bigmack10

It's a feeding frenzy.

Theresa

EDIT... DISGUSTING !!! DISGUSTING!!! DISGUSTING !!! TOTALLY DISGUSTING TO BREAST FEED A 2 YEAR OLD WITH A FULL SET OF TEEH IN PUBLIC !!! JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT YOUR CHILD TO STILL BE A BABY...

Mattie

Years ago I was more prudish. Today I see more boobage on the typical red carpet/beach pic. *yawn*

BB not bb

Yes. This is normal and what kids are supposed to be doing. Then you won't have the kids screaming and whining and disrupting everyone. Once they get this, they are happy for a good while. People need to stop being so uppity. There is nothing unsightly or nasty about this at all. It is wholesome and sweet.

Selma has a lot of courage. She stood up to Charlie Sheen and now she is standing up for her kid. I am starting to admire her, even though I don't know much else about her.

noodles

No there is no shame in feeding your child but come on lay a scarf gently over it pump before going out,you don't need to hang it out there..we get it you are an empowered woman but face it we have sexualized boobs in the western world and if I can't sit next to you while you are breastfeeding and take my shirt off because I am hot you shouldn't plop your's out for your 3 year old without some effort to be discreet.

allicali

Idk why people get so uptight about it. Its the real reason boobs are there. Leave them be

OK

That kid looks too old to be breast feeding.

BB not bb

People say this kid is too old. Guess what, a kid that old has milk teeth. Why are they called that? Cause maybe the kid still likes to breast feed from time to time. Is that so wrong? Some kids end up sucking their thumbs until they are around 6 when they lose the baby teeth.

They are probably sucking the thumbs because their instinct is to keep nursing for comfort and security. There is nothing secure about a plastic bottle full of gmo soy formula. Stop abusing children.

Coles

Go Selma!!

ABB

Forget that titty sticking out. That kid is too old for breastfeeding.

Karenbraden

I am currently breast feeding and I do not have the courage to not coverup, however I could care less if women don't. It is annoying to cover up, especially when the baby always pulls the cover off. I think 2 years is too old though.

laura

This is extra creepy considering he's 2. If he can ask for it, he's too old for the teet!

D-INCARNATION

That should be a jail able offence.

easylies

Yeah my main issue is That kid is 2 years old

Italia

No ladies room? That's a big kid.