Selma Blair

Very Public Breastfeeding

8/9/2013 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0809-selma-blair-breastfeeding-splash
Selma Blair is mixing fun bags with shopping bags -- the former "Anger Management" star was unabashedly breastfeeding in plain sight at one of the biggest shopping spots in L.A. like it was no big deal.

Blair was spotted at The Grove with her 2-year-old son ... pumping the kid full of breast milk on a trolley, surrounded by shoppers.

The move is interesting ... considering earlier this week, a Chick-fil-A in Tennessee came under fire when an employee asked a mother to stop nursing her 5-month-old kid where other people could see.

Clearly, Selma's not shy when it comes to the matter -- but we gotta ask ...

amyd

Breast feeding is wonderful, however, isn't this child a little old for it?

andiblondi

WTF?? let the woman breastfeed her child! It is not wrong to breastfeed! and it his her choice to do it! good for her!!!

rcytrcy01@yahoo.com

I don't get why people are uncomfortable about moms breastfeeding in public. It's not gross or nasty. It's perfectly natural.

amyd

That's an adorable little boy!!!

amyd

Can chick-fil-a get any worse ???

Biff

It's a little strange to me, TMZ, that you have an issue with what she's doing but no issue with taking pictures of women breast feeding. I'm sorry but I think it takes a special brand of creepy to pull out your camera and zoom in on the woman breast feeding a child on a mall shuttle.

Heymon

Breast feeding is a beautiful thing. It is so disconcerting to hear people call public breast feeding of a toddler "disgusting" and even suggest formula as a better option. Ignorance, repression...such a battle just to do the right thing for your child. I applaud Selma for exercising her right to be a good parent despite the judgement that ensues from a picture of a a fleeting moment caught by a paparazzo. It's just a boob people, have you heard we are evacuating our embassies due to terroristic threats? IT'S A BOOB.

kdl

I used to put a light-weight nursing blanket over top of my babies while nursing in public. They actually make these specifically for nursing! I understood that some people are uncomfortable and that's okay. I certainly didn't want to flash anyone my boobs either!
However, I did get some strange looks and comments when I traveled to the states, whereas at home, no one batted an eye. Just an observation...

Ree

I am so offended at this...why is it here? I enjoy TMZ, but couldn't believe this was here...and then the story saying...."like it was no big deal". Of course, it is no big deal! Breast is Best...Support Breastfeeding Mothers!

kari555666@hotmail.com

get off the boob already! The kid is 2!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommend breastfeeding up to 2 years and beyond if possible. Google is your friend, educate yourselves and PLEASE breastfeed your children.

kathi303

I understand breast feeding is natural but so is having a bowel movement. But I wouldn't do that in public either

lead

almost 2? being breastfed?

duster902

Good for her!

Breast feeding is completely natural. And comparing feeding your child with ****ting makes you sound really dumb.

gegeok