'Fred' from Nickelodeon

I'm Gay

Won't Bang Judy After All

8/20/2013 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Lucas Cruikshank -- the viral video star who played the ultra-hyper "Fred" character in a Nickelodeon movie and several shows  -- has revealed he's gay ... and naturally, he posted his coming out video on YouTube.

The 19-year-old actor made the announcement during a short clip with his friend Jennifer Veal -- who starred in the Disney Channel show, "Jessie."

During the video, Lucas says his closest friends and family members have known about his sexuality for years ... but he never felt the need to make an announcement to the world.

At one point, Lucas turns to Jennifer and asks, "How come you didn't have to make a video saying you're straight?"

FYI -- Lucas shot to superstardom by creating several YouTube videos featuring his annoying "Fred" character ... who had a crush on a girl named Judy.  For some reason, they never hooked up.

0603_out_footer

Ms messy

I knew it when I seen his sex tape with Elmo a few years back. Didn't need a video to convince me.

WTF

F-A-G-! nobody gives a toss

WTF

Those femme guys make me want to vomit. It really is disturbing to me and a lot of others. LIsten to all his slippery little (s)'s. Homo gear locked in overdrive. Chill out queen.

jkc

I would be more surprised if he was straight! He needs to take some "butch it up" acting lessons.Not a good role model for young gay boys thinking about coming out.

Jennifer

Wow I didn't see this one coming!

lmbell70

Good for him. can not believe the amount of hatred and sheer ignorance there is in these comments. every one has a right to be who there even you small minded bigotted people

Mondo

no surprize to anyone

Nestor

So where's the breaking news?

William

I guess he thought no one knew? LMAO

Shawn

Uh, I saw a brief little 2 second thing of his show once and figured it out. I don't think this is a surprise to anyone...

Sean

DUH comes to mind, this "pole smoker" coming changes NUTHING, you still cant act and everytime you open your mouth I wanna feed you a bullet !

Jayden

Why is it such a big deal if he's gay? Whoop de doo, he's gay. So are lots of people!

arale norimaki

You're gay and everyone knows it,

Aw funk, everyone knows that. Tell me something nobody knows.

katie

wait was that a secret? I thought it was pretty obvious........

Davis

Another person ruining the fabric of America.