Miss Universe

Staying Put In Moscow

8/20/2013 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0819-miss-universe-gay-pride
The Miss Universe Organization believes the show must go on in Moscow ... and it doesn't matter that the Russian government is gay-hostile.

A rep from the MUO tells us the new, anti-gay law violates the core values of the organization ... nevertheless, they want to stay put in Moscow.  They say they're hoping to change Russian minds.  Good luck with that.

Here's the rub.  If some of the women competing are lesbians, they better keep it to themselves, because they could end up in the pokey if they play their hand publicly.

The decision to stay in Moscow isn't sitting well with everyone.  A petition on Change.org is trying to pressure the MUO to move out of Moscow.

Tyrone Jefferson

Who cares if Russia isn't nice to queers? Why should it matter in the least?

Selfie

I am on the side of equality. But in reality, The pagent world is totally corrupt. So.. Ummm... Unless the girls get drunk and make out in nightclubs together. I doubt any are truly gay in the beauty pagent world. The "core" values is just a PR stunt for the books. Zero respect for the industry. It is all hypocracy

Selfie

Hypocrazy.. Autocorrect

Realist

WHO CARES?!?! Christ, Harvey, we get it. You're as gay as the day is long, and anyone who doesn't just accept your lifestyle will be ridiculed and crucified. This site used to be about celeb news. Now it's about "Harvey's queer agenda news of the day". You'd go along way towards achieving acceptance if you stopped jamming your stance down other's throats.........just like the Christians you all seem to hate for the same reason.....or the "right/left".......or anyone who thinks what they think is the only right way and everyone else needs to sit down and shut up. Grow up and realize that forcing people to see things like you want them to breeds more resistance than acceptance.

digit0lchica04

Although I am definitely against discrimination, I don't understand why the US is making such a big deal about Russia, when in Saudi Arabia you would be sentenced to death for being gay and yet nobody is making a big deal about that. It seems a bit corrupt.

FUT THE SHUCK UP

Ok great... Russia doesn't like when men do their naughty business in another man's nasty place... so what? Apparently this bothers Harvey for some *unknown* reason.

Rob Zombie is King

Does anyone even watch these pageants?

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Gay hostile? They're tired of you queers forcing homosexuality on everyone. We're sick of the homosexual promotion and agenda and they put a stop to it in their country. I give them props for sticking to their beliefs.

CLINT

That's the first time I heard the phrase, "gay-hostile". I'm all for rights for everyone, but you can't force people or countries to like your lifestyle. Even the whole thing about not serving Russian vodka at gay bars is rediculous. Just because the government is not on board with this subject, it doesn't mean you pick on private companies to force the issue on Russia. Absolute Vodka company said they do not agree with what is going on, yet gay bars across this country refuse to sell their product. Horrible way to go about this when you pick on anything Russian to make a point. I get that this site will push to the end to get the gay message out, but this is just wrong, Harvey.

Crackhead

It's hard to believe that anyone would want to live in Moscow. Go there once and you will never want to return.

Timmy Boy

"they better keep it to themselves, because they could end up in the pokey"

isnt that how it SHOULD be?

pegasus

Their entitled to their beliefs and opinions, just like all you hot to trot gay rights blowhards.

NOT ELMO

If some of the women competing are lesbians, they better keep it to themselves..................i know some of the Women are Lesbians and some are Bisexual, Maybe 2 or 3 are Straight...

Aurora K. Hall

I work at Home with Google. It's by-far the nicest job I have had. I've made $64,000 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I've made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here is what I do, Bling6.com

NOT ELMO

it doesn't matter that the Russian government is Gay-Hostile............................in RUSSIA they should have a MISS TRANNY UNIVERSE...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments