Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

Joe

Actually, his dad is black

Yunmi

I'll always support Wentworth Miller !!!!!

Chi

Everyone in America seems to be gay these days. Anyway, what a way to go extinct!

Ivan in Phoenix

With all the 'gay' articles on TMZ in the last few days they should change their name to GMZ. There is nothing normal about being gay - in fact it is abnormal as any other fixation that troubles the human Psyché. Homosexual men still produce sperm and lesbians still produce eggs. The reason a man releases semen is to fertilize a woman's eggs occasionally and perpetuate the human species. There are no eggs in a man's anus.

Show me one example in all of nature where 2 males or 2 females of the same species have sex together instead of male and female coupling. If being 'gay' was normal there would be plenty of other examples of it in the animal world. Hate all you want but the natural world proves it is simply against nature.

NOT ELMO

Wentworth Miller
I'm Gay.....................i guess everybody in Hollywood is Gay

BB not bb

Homosexuality really is a threat to a stable society. People here act gay and militant about it besides. I am sure they couldn't care less if this actor shows up or not as far as their policy is concerned.

Everyone is acting like gay is some kind of virtue around here. They think they are going to teach the evil people of the world a lesson for not loving what is evil as they do. This is a sign of the end times that people will call evil good and good evil.

I can deal with gays who know that they are freaks. When they start moralizing, they are off the charts. I understand some people are weak, but they need to understand that also.

BB not bb

Putin could be concerned with the decline of the Russian population. Many of them were wiped out during the revolution, perhaps 100 million. Now they have Muslims multiplying there like crazy and they now make up 40% of the military. If the regular Russians turn gay, that will mean that the population will shrink even faster.

I wonder if he is against abortion as well or will come out against that in the future. Russia is a big empty place. It is mostly cold there, but they have tons of room.

homelessdude

i have a premonition that Bob Harper will make an announcement.

BB not bb

They want people to say it is good to be gay. They want people to say it is good to be crazy. They want people to say it is good to be fat. They want people to relish in every depraved and degenerate state of morality.

This is what is becoming of American society. People on psych meds for life, people harassed for being thin or even normal weight and slender, people forced to accept gays as ministers and married couples and moral judges.

America is going to crack under the weight of this nonsense. Fat, sex crazed, mind controlled robots, that pretty much sums up American society any more.

Would this guy go to a film festival in a Muslim country and say he is gay and proud and going to shout it out loud? I wonder why it is such an issue with Russia then. Maybe because they seem like liberals?

I would like to see less gay pandering here myself.

itiswutitis

We all have the right to be who we are. If they are homosexual so what let them be. There is nothing wrong with it.

Tony

HOORAY! Wentworth is the hottest man I have ever seen. Next To Christopher Meloni, of course. Chritsopher, any chance you will come out of the closet anytime soon. Now I know there is a heaven.

CelebrityScum

Ho Hum, someone is gay in Hollywood. I'd like to hear about a celebrity coming out as a Christian. Now, that would be brave and courageous.

Ozzie X

He's 41, wow good genes.

tessa

gah, who cares, all this gay talk is, well, gay.

asetter

Wentworth Miller slams Russia's anti-gay bill know more visit http://trendsavkv.blogspot.in/2013/08/wentworth-miller-slams-russias-anti-gay.html