Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

Mark

If I had a body like Putins, I would never take my shirt off

sderf13

You be nice, you are going to make Putin cry if you don't go back to Russia, Why can't Gay folks be satisfied with their self, live their life and leave everybody alone. What make you so special

Your moms sancho

He's just a gay actor that will be forgotten.. At least Putin has more power and he kept Edward snowden in.. Loll.. trust me everyone loves russia.. ask tyson.. ask anyone whos not gay..who cares what this homo thinks.. Prison break was a ****ty show anyways

Sderf13

Who cares is this clown returns to Russia. You had better be careful you will make Putin cry. Stay in the US and shut up. What makes you so special just because you are gay

Fadumo

Damn! every good looking cute guy, especially White guy is gay. and since i found him hot i'm gonna pretend this isn't true.lol

dora

Hello i am dora ,I am out here to spreed this good news to the entire world on how i got my ex love back.I was going crazy when my love left me for another girl last month,But when i meet a friend that introduce me to prophetjakula the great messenger to the God's that he serve,I narrated my problem to prophetjakula about how my ex love left me and also how i needed to get a job in a very big company.He only said to me that i have come to the right place were i will be getting my heart desire without any side effect.He told me what i need to do,After it was been done,In the next 2 days,My love called me on the phone and was saying sorry for living me before now and also in the next one week after my love called me to be pleading for forgiveness,I was called for interview in my desired company were i needed to work as the managing director..I am so happy and overwhelmed that i have to tell this to the entire world to contact prophetjakula at the following email address and get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him direct on: prophetjakula@gmail.com and get your problems solve like me............

Itsrain'nmen!

I don't care what he does in his own bedroom! I don't care that he is an actor! I am sorry, Wentworth is a Princeton grad! That is noteworthy! That is worth some sincere respect- no easy task! Anyone good looking can be in Hollywood, we see that in all forms of media! But to be a Princeton grad, no easy task my friends, no easy task! Go tigers!

Shan_r

His a talented actor, who cares if his gay. Loved Prision break. Wentworth keep doing your thing 😃

CasperAKA.Jlo🚽boy

Yummy

Nick

He's got bigger balls than straight guys, to stand up to Putin.

Flower

Are we delusional? He came out years ago, right around the time of the ending of Prison Break. This was NO surprise. I do give him kudos for his well written letter--very gracious and educational without being whiny or preachy

Bkshorti

I love this guy gay or not he's very attractive and a amazing actor, congrats on coming out.

Word-Up

Nooooooo.. He is soo handsome...

BB not bb

That people are perverted and wish to announce it to the world is just in bad taste. If some people don't want to see that on their streets, then that is their prerogative If he is so proud to be Russian and loves Russian culture so much, why can't he just cooperate for the short time he is there and keep his mouth shut?

No one wants to imagine what sick things are a part of your love life. It is already disturbing a lot of women here to hear that he is gay. To me, he looks like a boring guy who I wouldn't care less what he thinks.

He took a stand for what is right in his mind, or so they say. Maybe he took a stand for the new cause of decadence that it just the boldness of evil challenging the good.

Wentworth's intellectual worth is going, going gone..

BB not bb

Miller is of multiethnic origin: his father is of African-American, Jamaican, English, German, Jewish, and Cherokee background, and his mother is of Russian, French, Dutch, Syrian, and Lebanese ancestry.[3][4][5][6] He has stated, "My father is black and my mother is white. Therefore, I could answer to either, which kind of makes me a racial Lone Ranger, at times, caught between two communities".[7]

The way all of this boils down, I think he comes out like a middle Easterner. I don't know that they identify themselves as black. They don't identify as white either. I think he is like the new paradigm the media is pushing to get people to accept middle eastern influence and culture. The gay thing is just another aspect of the brave new world they are trying to create.

How do you have a whole TV series about a prison break anyway? Don't you either just break out or not? It sounds pretty frustrating to watch someone fail at escaping week after week.

To be honest, one of the most terrifyingly disgusting places I have ever been is the West Village in NYC. It is full of the types of gays that will tongue kiss in broad daylight blocking the entrance to stores. People really don't need to see that. Thanks.