Wentworth Miller

I'm Gay

Sticks It to Vladimir Putin

8/22/2013 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0821_wentworth_miller_article_getty
"Prison Break" star Wentworth Miller has just revealed he's a gay man ... in a statement that reads as a giant "F YOU" to Russia.

The 41-year-old actor fired off a letter to the director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival -- rejecting its invitation for him to travel to the Motherland for the event ... and in the letter, WM went public about his sexuality for the first time.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must decline."

Miller continues ... "I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government."

0821-vladimir-putin-not-gay-tmz

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly."

He added, "If circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

082113_prison_break_trailer_small_launch
082113_miller_popular_small_launch

0821_out_in_hollywood_footer

TRUTH

ALL THE GAYS ..DIE WITH AIDS ..AND BURN IN HELL

az-heat

It is sad that we have so many people that carry so much hate for people that are different that what we think they are or should be. My nephew is guy and one of the nicest people you would ever meet. I have gay friends that are true friends and I love them too. They know I am not gay and respect that and I respect them We need more understanding and acceptance in this world. Let God be the judge not you.

az-heat

My nephew is gay and one of the nicest people you could ever meet. I also have gay friends that I love and care about. They know I am not gay and respect it just as I respect them. It is sad that there is so much hate in this world for someone who is different. Why don't they just let God judge and just learn acceptance?

az-heat

I don't care who is gay. I have a gay nephew that I love very much and his life is his. I have no judgment on it.

gapchick101

Putin needs a bra!

ayatollah

since when is deviant sexual behavior a basic right?

@XtinaDaGr8

IDC he'll always be Michael Scofield to me!!!!!!!!!!!

steve

WHO CARES. ALL THESE GAYS THAT ARE COMEING OUT SHOULDNT CAUSE IT THEIR PRIVATE LIVES.YOU DONT SEE STRAIGHT PPL COMEING OUT SAYING THE ARE STRAIGHT, I SAY KEPT YOUR SEX LIFE PRIVATE

Sophia

This was really unespected ... but Im glad he did it. At least he said what he really feels and he might be happy just like he deserves. Dafuq some people just said?? Okay, Dan Frederiksen, homos are "sick puppies"?? Sick what? that's probably you ! Just because they have a different sexual orientation doesn't mean they're sick. He was brave enough to say what he really feels, that's not something anyone can judge. You're comparing homo people do necros and pedofiles? You cannot compare homos to those people ! They just have a different sexual orientation, if you even know what that means ! Necro e Pedofiles are not all homo and probably most of them are not ! Most of them are the "normal" people that you see as couples. That was rude. That was racist. And that my friend... that is the only thing here that it's not GOOD like you say.

Sophia

Achieving happiness is hard but it's worth it ! Wentworth is damn worth it and he's great !!! LOVE HIM SO DAMN MUCH

Daniel Prague

Im shocked that. He's GAY

bane

well done Miller

fifi

like seriously so hes really gay omg

mkl530

***

mkl530

What a f.a)g. Go cry in the breast milk tough guy.