Cal Worthington

Legendary Car Salesman

DEAD AT 92

9/9/2013 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0909_cal_worthington_article_tmzCal Worthington -- the legendary car dealer who became famous for his "Go see Cal" TV commercials has gone on to that great used car lot in the sky, TMZ has learned.

Worthington -- who had dealerships in Long Beach, CA, Anchorage, Alaska, Phoenix, Houston, Sacramento and other cities -- died Sunday at his ranch in California.

According to his family, Worthington passed away while watching Sunday football. The family didn't say what caused his death.

Worthington Ford in Long Beach immediately paid tribute to their fallen leader with an electronic billboard that read, "Rest In Peace."

0909-cal-worthington-memorial-billboard
Worthington did commercials for decades, often sharing the screen with animals including his dog Spot.

090913_cal_worthington_launch_v3
Cal became a celebrity in his own right, attracting paparazzi whenever he went to restaurants.  Part of his fame was his dealerships, but part was also his attraction to young women.

Cal was recently divorced from Anna Mjoll, who's in her 40s.

Cal had 5 kids.

090913_cal_worthington_tmz_launch
0909_cal_worthington_footer

Craparazzi

I remember growin up watch his commercials as a little kid, we didnt speak much english so when he said "Go see cal go see cal go see cal"... we thought he was saying "*****Cow *****Cow *****Cow"... and i just realized about a year ago what he was actually saying... lol

Gabbi

He probably died from standing on his head until his ears were turning red! He'll be missed.

buzz kill

So his family didn't say what the cause of death was, this will be another unsolved mystery. How about this, cause of death, OLD AGE!

Socalpimp

RIP Cal, I loved his commercials during Sat morning cartoons!

Claude

Go see cal go see cal go see cal

Jay W.

Tonight “I will stand upon my head until my ears are turning red."

RIP Cal

sistaelle

*****-cow *****-cow *****-cow!

Buck Boy

Seriously....I am bummed.

Serpy

All the people whining that they don't know who this is can go suck it. If you are from California then you know him well. If you are not from Cali then you are a lame anyways, so quit yer whining and go watch jersey shore losers

Azi

I remember his dealership in Phoenix didn't last to long and he gave away brockabrell hats with every test drive.

Mike

Cal will be missed by all of us who enjoyed his commercials as kids and endured his commercials as adults.

RVB

But what about his dog Spot?

Donna

Sad to hear. RIP Cal you will be missed.

SCSmith

RIP, Shiny! For those that read my dog spot will understand that nickname. My family started with CW in 72, when he took over Ralph Williams Ford, then I started in South Gate, later to be sold to Pete Ellis then moved to his HB Store. My father ran LBFleet, Federal Way, Anchorage back to LB. CW was a great guy Susan was cool too. RIP to other CW family, RIchard Johnson, Eddy McAdams, My Father Ivan, L.D. Crabtree, Phil Love, Jerry Hansink, Those above ground, tip your hat to the man that changed the car business.

S.Smith