Tom Hanks

Jury Duty

Domestic Violence Case

9/10/2013 10:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0909-tom-hanks-juror
Tom Hanks
is deciding the fate of a man accused of battering a woman -- TMZ has learned, the Academy Award winning actor is serving as a juror in an intense domestic violence case ... and he's doing a bang-up job.

We're told Hanks is in the zone right now in the jury box, assiduously taking notes about the case.

He's keeping things casual though, wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, dark blue jeans, and black-rimmed glasses.

We're told he's being VERY attentive, hanging on every word of witness testimony.

Or maybe he's just acting. He's good at that.

0910_courtroom_fashion_photos_footer

Pudding Tang

Making the big bucks on jury duty eh.

pennmani

"...and he's doing a "bang-up" job? Is that an intentional pun on a story of domestic violence? If no, it is an ufortunate choice and you should be changed; if yes, it is in really poor taste, should be changed immediately. My money is on yes but am hoping it was just a mistake.

Usagal

He's a wonderful actor! :)

static

I'd hate to think my fate depended on that embecile.

WhoAmi

and I'm sure his liberal attitude will persuade the rest of the jury to vote the way HE wants to see it go. I'm sure the guilty party will walk

daved0622

That must not be the picture of him at his jury duty, he's not wearing a long sleeve black shirt or blue jeans.

Rebecca

Why would TMZ print news that could lead to a mistrial because everone's focus will be on the jury instead of the evidence, not to mention Hank's fans trying to find the courtroom so they can watch. It seems extremenly careless of you, unless the subject is just to create more sensational news to print!

Joe

Usually someone famous gets out of Jury Duty...

Comanchegurl

I absolutely love Tom hanks ever since he dressed up like a woman on TV.

bazinga

He looks like such a doofus in that picture. Stupida*s*s

kristine

JURORS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE OR KEEP NOTES

buzz kill

That photo shopped head looks a bit large for the body it's pasted on. If your going to create fake pictures you could at least do a convincing job of it.

Laura

It's up to the discretion of the trial court to decide if the jurors can or can't take notes. As in the case of Jodi Arias, the jurors did take notes.

kmart

Jurors can't take notes on paper. At least in NYC. Maybe it's different in California. I thought it was pretty stupid when I was a juror actually. Instead you have to basically memorize everything. You also can't get written transcripts of testimony, you can only have it read back to you by the court report in a dull monotonous voice.

alicia

I'll be honest, I would find it hard to concentrate if I was a fellow juror on that case, I would definitely be starstruck! I think he is an amazing actor.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments