Selma Blair

Threatens Lawsuit

You Screwed Me, Charlie!

9/13/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0912_charlie_selma

Selma Blair
has called in the legal hounds ... threatening Charlie Sheen and Lionsgate Entertainment with a retaliation lawsuit after getting the ax on "Anger Management."

Sources connected with the show tell TMZ ... Selma believes she had a big fat target on her forehead after daring to criticize Charlie for being a slacker.  She repeatedly complained to the crew that everyone had to sit around and wait while Charlie sat in his trailer and learned his lines.

Charlie got wind of Selma's beef and she believes that's when the die was cast.  Our sources say Selma's now demanding the $1.2 mil she would have made if she would have continued working ... and if she doesn't get it she's filing a lawsuit.

Sources tell TMZ ... of the 12 scenes per show, Selma was only in 3 or 4.  Charlie was in all 12 and required to memorize 44 to 48 pages of dialogue per show.  One source said candidly, "When you work 12 hours a day and have 3 girlfriends at home, it's hard to memorize all the lines for tomorrow."

As for the claim of wrongful termination based on retaliation ... our sources acknowledge, when Charlie heard Selma was trashing him he was pissed, but the decision had already been made to write her off the show, because "America didn't want to see Charlie with just one girlfriend."

But here's the thing ... One very well placed source tells TMZ ... the plan was to phase Selma out over 8 episodes.  After Charlie heard Selma was bitching about him, "That process was accelerated."

We're told lawyers for Lionsgate and Selma are currently talking ... trying to reach a settlement.

0619_selma_blair_not_working_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

fran

I never like her on the show anyway.

fran

I never liked her on the show anyway.

Tammy LM

You Go GIRL! Nail his crazy ass to the wall! He had her fired because he's a pretentious dick. You pull a Lohan and keep everybody waiting around on the set for you and after someone speaks up you DARE have them fired for it. Screw you Charlie. I hope she gets everything she would've made and then some.

Keisha

Charlie Sheen may like to drink and act the fool on his own time but when Charlie is on set he is a professional and no one ever has complained that he was anything but professional on set. When he's off stage he's Charlie Sheen party animal. You don't criticize your boss and bad mouth them and not expect reprocussions. He could make sure she never worked again as an actress but he won't do that. Charlie is always ready to lend a helping hand and open his wallet and I think she showed just how un greatful she was. I have never wanted to be an actor/actress but if I did Charlie would be one of the people I would want on my side,he and his family have a long history in the entertainment industry.

Lisa

I didn't care for the Selma Blair character on Anger Management, so I am glad she will be gone. NO ONE talks negatively about their boss, it's called insubordination-reason for firing ANYWHERE

WTF?

Lol I'm sorry but if I turned up for work and sat around holding people up for hours doing what I should have done at home and then blamed it on "partying" with 3 whore girlfriends I'd get fired. Grow up Charlie and be a father to your children rather then an embarrassment to them

OK

If I told my boss he was being lazy and unprofessional I would be shown the door. I don't know why she is suing? Stupid.

efel144623

Not to bright complaining about your boss! I guess you have never worked in the private sector where that can get you fired as well! Get over yourself and next job if you can get one keep your mouth shut and just leave if you are unhappy! To many frivolous lawsuits these days!

Judy

Sorry but she shbould have not been bad mouthing him and causing dissention on the set.She was already on her way out but her mouth work sped it up. Selma was no big deal actress before she got that part, there also was NO chemisrty between her and SHeen and she should jusst say good bye and STFU before she gets blacklisted like Katherine Heigle (sp).

JoeThePimpernel

I guess she thought she was the star.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5