Famke Janssen

Cops: Creepy Book From 'Burglar'

Belonged to Her

9/19/2013 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0919_famke_01

Oops ... Famke Janssen didn't get the world's creepiest gift from a burglar after all -- cops now believe the children's book that was allegedly 'left' in her home ... was hers all along!

As TMZ first reported ... the 'X-Men' star called NYPD back in August after she returned to her ritzy NYC pad and found a children's book called "The Lonely Doll" in her bedroom.

But now detectives think the book was hers because they found errand lists tucked in the pages of the book -- and Famke's name was reportedly on at least one of the notes. Police reportedly believe the book has some connection to Famke's home.

0813-subasset-lonely-doll-1

What's so creepy about the book  is the subject -- it's about a couple of toys that promise to never leave each other ... so, understandably, Famke probably feared a stalker had been in her home.

As we previously told you, there were no signs of forced entry whatsoever ... which made the whole thing even more mysterious.

Azi

Did it take the police about a month to crack this mysterious case, or is TMZ out of things to report ?

Sosmooth

Hi mom!

Tee

I grew up with those books. I remember enjoying them very much. They are not creepy.

Jamey Hunter

How could you 'forget' the book was yours? Something not right here.

Donka Do Ball

Did she ever get that vaginoplasty reworked
after the sex change ?

Hefe

Something looks creepy in this story....and it's not the cover of that book.

carlamarieification

I was thinking the same thing about her face. It looks off.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

.... One receipt for creepy Swedish children's book signed by... Famke Janssen...

Luke

What a crock. Celebrities can't read.

afjioeqjioe

I love the crazy girls.

Sher

I thought she had been black-balled a long time ago over her fruit-cake moves. Allegedly she is infamous for doing exactly this kind of thing. Making up things to create drama around her and bring attention. I remember something weird about that book, I thought it was about the model for the doll. Not coming to me now.

chicagoannie

Famke = FAKE-e

Anne

My mother actually has this creepy book from her childhood. I used to pull out books and read ! This was def a blast from the past to see this stinking book referenced on tmz

1 opinion

What a freaky broad. And to think, Howard Stern was interested in her before he met Beth Ostrosky. What an improvement, Howard, you really lucked out this time, Famke is a freak -A-zoid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2