'GTA V'

Get a Life Animal Org.

It's an Adult Game!

9/22/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0921-gta5
The "Grand Theft Auto V" boycott being called for by an animal rights org. is a molotov cocktail full of crap -- according to sources directly connected to the game ... who add the group is using GTA for shameless publicity.

Our GTA sources tell us game makers are calling BS on In Defense of Animals' attack on GTA -- saying the game does NOT push "institutionalized" animal violence on kids ... because it's not made for kids.

One source points out the game has a mature audiences only label, and kids under 17 can't buy it ... so there's no harm in showing adult situations to grown ups.

"It's a fake world with exaggerated real world problems" the source adds. "People shoot animals in real life, why should that be hidden from an adult video game?!"

GTA V hauled in a billion dollars in just 3 days -- yes, a billion -- so it might be a little late for a boycott to have any impact.

Knownbutunknown

These people are so damn stupid! They are killing people on there a$$hole! So you pick animals of humans? I just don't understand people here in America!

Dead account Delete at will

The call for boycott will just make kids want it and buy it even faster in fear they wont get it making the sales go through the roof. Its the same stupid trick they try with music all the time. it just fails fails fails.. I personally could give a crap about the game one way or another but the boycott will only push up sales

YorkieLuv

Yes and it's these crazy ADULTS that are out there harming animals you idiot$ !!!!

Amber Olson

I have been reading this crap all day long about boycotting the game due to violence and especially violence against animals and by the way I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, but anyways I came home and I didn't feel the need to kill my animals nor any human. So for all u millions of people out there that are so concerned about violence because of a video game, your nuts. If u don't like what's going on in the video game then don't buy it, don't waste your time bitching about it on the Internet. I'm sure u guys have better things to do. This is not going to solve any of your problems.

LDB

this is why some people hate animal right groups because they like to pick their battles over video games

Ozzie X

Please there are other video games where you can decapitate animals. Fallout 3 and New Vegas for example they are just looking for a justification for their cause. Morons.

Truth

These games and people are a major part of the downfall of this country. They numb the mind and have created a generation of idiots. I say ban it and ban all the morons that like and play them.

laffnbear

We all know teenagers follow all the rules, signs and warnings on things like movies, games and CDs. Right?
Right?

Will

Why people so sensitive? Its just a game. One for adult at that.

john talone

They didn't say any thing about the 1st 4 Grand Theft Auto games that came out.Never heard of this group,they want there 15 minutes of fame and they got it.

queenofpentacles

you just lost a reader for good; your response is irresponsible. There is good solid research that violent video games that make targets of humans and animals de-sensitize players to targets and result in copy cat atrocities in real life. How much is this company paying you for your uninformed review? This site was supposed to be about light hearted gossip even if you are the Kardashian mouthpiece. No big deal when you try to shape public perceptions of celebrities but this crosses the line.

Ms. Lady B

PETA OR WHOM EVER YOU ARE GO ATTACK THE ZOO'S LOCKING ANIMALS UP IN CAGES WHEN THEY ARE MEANT TO BE IN THE WILD SHOULD E A PRIORITY. NOT A DANG FANTASY GAME FIND YOUR LIVES DOUCHE BAGS. LOVE MISSY

reizvoll89

I consider myself to be an animal lover, but the GTA people have a point. The game is not for children and if you are buying that game for your kids I think you are the problem. I don't know much about this game I doubt they made killing animals a mission. SOme of that stuff is done by choice. If it is I say Booo for the GTA people and Booo for the people buying those games for their kids and blaming their A-hole kid's problems on it.

SweetBabyRay

"A Molotov ****tail of crap" ...hmmm.

Rob

I love animals! FRIED, BARBEQUED, BAKED, BROILED, etc. Bring them on!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments