Britney Spears

I'm Being Pushed Too Far Sexually

10/3/2013 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100313_britney_spears_audio_launch
Britney Spears claims she's under a lot of pressure to make hyper-sexual music videos -- but now, Britney says ... she's over it.

31-year-old Britney called in to The TJ Show on AMP 103.3 in Boston this morning ... and when the conversation turned to her racy new video for "Work B**ch," Brit made it clear she's being pushed too far.

"A lot of sex goes into what I do. But sometimes I would like to bring it back to the old days when there was like one outfit through the whole video, and you’re dancing the whole video, and there’s like not that much sex stuff going on."

She continued, "It’s about the dance and it’s about being old school, it’s like keeping it real and just making it about the dance. I’d love to do a video like that.”

Britney also said the original cut for the music video was too risque ... and she had to put her foot down to protect her reputation:

"Oh my god, we showed way more skin and did way more stuff for the video than what is actually there. Like, I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it’s just hard to play sexy mom while you’re being a pop star as well."

"I just have to be true to myself and you know, feel it out when I do stuff.”

At one point, the DJ asks Britney, "Are they pushing you further than you wanna go and then you sit in the editing room and say, 'No that has to go' and that's pretty much how that's all lined up?"

Britney laughs nervously and then responds, "Yes."

What's interesting -- the video for "Work" is probably the least sexualized video she's done ... maybe ever.

Think about it ... "Hit Me Baby" (hot school girl outfit)  "Slave" (sweat and gyrating), "Oops I Did It Again" (red leather catsuit) and "Toxic" (nude bodysuit) were pretty damn racy.

That being said, we gotta ask ...

BLUE UGLY 💩

Good for Britney for finally putting her foot down with that.

intrigued

Our Britney is growing up!!

There's a problem here

That poor thing is dumb as a rock. She sounds like a 14 year old. Being a sexually suggestive child is what put her where she was (thank you mom and dad). I feel sorry for her. She's still being led around by the nose.

DownSouth

Damn. She's sexy.

Max

Please. No one want to see you scantily clad any more Britney. Seeing your sourpuss on Idol last year was enough to remind everyone how tired we are with you and your shtick. Go to Vegas and fade away.

Phreaky

She's finally growing up and realizing there is more to life that trying to get men to want to fk you. Congrats Britney.

NOT ELMO

Britney Spears
I'm Being Pushed Too Far Sexually............THE VIDEO IS GREAT AND SHE LOOKS GREAT, I JUST WISH THE VIDEO HAD THE LAMBORGHINI WITH THE DOORS OPEN AND ALSO THEY WOULD SHOW A MASERATI...

Your S&M Girlfriend

Britney's VMA snake dance is still one of the hottest dances I ever saw. Miley's clumsy white tongued rutting dance had nothing on the snake dance. I feel that Britney has no idea what she's in for in Vegas.

INTHEZONE

sounds like she read Sinead O'Connor's letter to Miley

NOT ELMO

BRITNEY SPEARS in Her Twitter Just Told THE GOVERNMENT Get To Work BlTCH......LOL.....i Will Tell REPUBLICANS in CONGRESS The Same Thing TONY STARK Told LOKI in THE AVENGERS.........."THERE IS NO VERSION OF THIS WHERE YOU COME OUT ON TOP AND YES, WE HAVE A HULK"

Clyde T.M. Nestra

Well. Like, you know, it's like not cool, well, like for me to be a sexy Momma crux, like, I've got those young kids and, like, well, you know what I'm trying to say. Oh, darn, where are those guys which tell me how to speak, like, you know in...sentences?

samson

I do see her point, but sex sells - especially when you're essentially a dancer with a record deal who can't sing particularly well, and your top dancing days are likely behind you.

ladydiinpa

Mayb she is thinking of her sons-which more Moms need to do nowadays; take into consideration what is going to come up when their friends google their parents

The New Improved Sock Puppet

The whole Britney sex thing that began when she was still an adolescent was based on sexuality with innocence. The schoolgirl stuff? Oh yeah it was out there but the interpretation was all up to you. As she got older her dancing was a bit provocative and her costuming was a bit provocative but again, it was up to you. She never spread her legs and put it in your face, pranced around naked, humped the air and grinded her ass against some random singer on a national stage; it was there but the interpretation was up to you. Unlike a lot of people, I see her singing and dancing talent as mediocre to good, not exceptional, but there is still an innocent quality about her. To turn her into just another stage whore would be a real shame. I hope her handlers realize that.

CN

Good for Britney for growing up and asserting her wishes. She's powerful enough, she has her own brain, it's her empire, and she's a veteran at 31. Glad to see she's doing well these days.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments