Lamar Odom

I'm Sober

I Can Kick Drugs W/O Rehab

10/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002-lamar-odom-tmz
Lamar Odom
says he's been sober for 5 days ... and he believes he can maintain sobriety WITHOUT going to rehab.

Sources connected to the troubled BBaller tell TMZ ... Lamar believes in what he calls "self-healing" and says he has the willpower to kick his drug habit on his own.

Lamar says he's done it successfully before and is convinced he can do it again.

Toward that end, he is telling people he is removing certain "friends" from his life ... so he doesn't relapse.

Lamar says he's open to getting professional help, but only in private and not in a rehab facility.  He has not yet committed to getting such help.

Lamar is very mindful of the fact that training camp has just started.  Although he wants to save his marriage to Khloe Kardashian, our sources say his motivation for sobriety seems to be more focused on his basketball career.  Lamar believes once he's achieved a level of sobriety, he can re-join a team.

TMZ broke the story ... Lamar had a devastating crack problem in addition to an addiction to other drugs, including cocaine.  He was in rehab for 3 weeks a little more than a year ago before bailing.

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

devil's advocate

Since I believe it is all fake drama for the show, of course he can stay clean and sober. I saw a clip from the latest season which is the start of this whole fake drama storyline.

clownshoes69

What about all the chore boys he has left over at the house? Can I get those?

Bolivar

"I can quit anytime I want. Done it hundreds of times!"

The Zombie

I've tried to help several people get off crack, and I can tell you this: He needs to go to at LEAST a couple NA meetings a week if he's not going to formal rehab.

FUTMZ

A massive drug addict for an NBA "star".
An indicted murderer for an NFL "star".
All that's missing is a MLB rapist.

See what happens when we give millions and millions to thug-boys for doing relatively nothing?

Then there's Linds.....

2idiots

if this is a recent photo, Lamar sure looks healthy for being the crackhead, coke addict TMZ and the Trash-Kanians have made him out to be. Just a day or 2 ago, TMZ posted a story claiming he was "rail thin" yet here he looks OK.
Something BIGGER is coming and this is just a diversion.

bob

Lamar is so far out of it , his thinking is beyond denial....its the thinking of a drug addict.
He is never playing basketball again, its over,
...no mas.....
no team would ever hire him...just watch, if I am wrong I will eat my TMZ hat
in front of harvey....on TMZ LIVE.....

Toilethead

It's obvious where their stupid fake reality show is going.

Sapphiegirl

JUST LIKE A TRUE ADDICT IN DENIAL WOULD SAY! KHLOE GET THIS MAN OUT OF YOUR LIFE BEFORE HE DRAGS YOU DOWN WITH HIM! KHLOE THE ONLY KARTRASHIAN WITH ANY CLASS.

YouDontSay

Nope. I was told the exact thing (BS). In house rehab or there is no hope. Wish I had these "celebs" monies what a waste.

Heidi

"Lamar Odom says......."
"Sources connected......"
"Lamar says ......"
"he is telling people......"
"Lamar says...."
"Lamar is very mindful......"
ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TMZ's QUOTES. DID HE TELL YOU THIS? SOURCES? FROM WHAT I UNDERTAND HE'S 'NOT' TALKING TO THE MEDIA & TO THOSE HE TRUSTS, AREN'T TALKING... MORE RUMORS/SPECULATION ON TMZ'S BEHALF AS IT APPEARS THE STORIES LATELY ARE BECOMING HARD TO GET . THUS, GRASPING AT STRAWS TO KEEP HOUNDING THIS GUY!!!! Time to move on.....

Babycakes

How about no more of these stories from "sources"? Until you have concrete proof he does drugs or him on video talking abut being sober or in rehab than just leave him alone and stop defaming his character. The Kraptrashians have done a fantastic job of throwing him under the bus. Enough already!

ShannBond

.....said every other dead celebrity with a drug problem.

Tommy

Hey Lamar --- Kris and the Kids just dropped off a Big Bag of crack for you. Come and get it. But watch out, I think the Sasquatch is lurking in the bushes..... All Kardashians are Fake Fake Fake Fake

Ron Fing Swanson

Drugs or not, Kris Jenner is a goon.