Tommy Hilfiger

Ends the Denim Debate

NEVER WASH YOUR JEANS

10/14/2013 10:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101413_tommy_hilfiger_launch
Fashion legend Tommy Hilfiger has just single-handedly ended the debate that has plagued America since the beginning of time -- how many times should you really wash your jeans? -- and his answer might kick up a stink.

Hilfiger was out in L.A. last night when we asked if it's okay not to wash your jeans all the time ... and Tommy says he NEVER washes his. Ever.

You should watch the video to hear Tommy's justification -- it kinda makes sense -- but part of us is also a little grossed out.

So we gotta ask ...

NE1

I assume he gets his jeans from his own factories and wears them one time..

Just My Opinion

The dude was saying if he washes Levis, they will fall apart. Why would he wear Levis,and not his own jeans? It was a joke saying his jeans are better than Levis. Wash Levis..fall apart. I don't think he would say his own brand would do that.

Patric

Yeah he doesn't wash his jeans because he probably only wears a pair once and then on to the next pair. So until I become filthy rich (never) then I'll stick to washing my jeans ALL the time(:

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Obviously, mofo's never heard of dry cleaning them.

Elliot Rodger

I don't wash my pants or clothes either!!! FACTOID!!! FACTOID!!! FACTOID!!!

combine

Not good.

Bill03948

This is one of those stories EVERYONE is correct...
Denim used as work or every day clothes should be washed when dirty. But, denim is now a fashion statement. The same pants are now worn daily and should not be washed because denim loses it shape and shrinks when washed. As a fashion statement, this changes the style.
Since fashion changes from season to season, denim jeans are out of style within 12 months or less. So, that pair of designer jeans are out of style and should be replaced.
Cheap brands they sell at Walmart they say wear at least 10 times before washing for the same reason.

behindblondiepark@gmail.com

Well when you own your own private label...you can just wear them a couple of times...then when the stench starts to set in...you douse them with a little of you private label cologne and your good to go for a few more days....When the odor gets really foul and cologne is no longer an option...you just trash-em and break out a new pair! GROSS! seriously Tommy...wash your jeans!

kimkardashisatrainwreck

He dry cleans them people!

combine

Not good!

chev

Hilfiger is a racist.

Vegas2013

I don't wash mine every time but never is gross

Dina

I thought Tommy sold his share of TH. Regardless, he probably has a maid that washes and presses his clothing for him.

sheen75

He probably meant dry clean them...I mean, you have to clean them at some point...

Irene

Unfortunately, the majority of new clothes have tons of chemicals in them and most tell you to wash before wearing...I know I always do. Just wash in woolite and air dry...no problem

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments