'7th Heaven' Star's Wife

I Want My Half

10/27/2013 12:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1025-STEPHEN-COLLINS-FAYE-GRANT-tmz
"7th Heaven" star Stephen Collins (who played the dad on the show) is raking in HUGE money with new acting gigs these days ... so says his estranged wife ... and now she wants a piece.

66-year-old Collins filed for divorce from 56-year-old Faye Grant last year after 27 years of marriage and according to new legal docs, Faye's NOT happy.

Faye claims she's been left with no means of income, while Stephen hauls in cash from his various gigs -- including $400,000 minimum for "Revolution," $64,937 for "Devious Maids," $7,682 for "Scandal," and $5,500 for "The Fosters" ... and that's just for 2013.

Faye -- an actor herself -- says she gave up her prime acting years to raise their daughter, and now she can't land a job.

She says she got used to an upper class standard of living while married to Collins -- who earned $1 million to $3 million per year while they were together.

She's asking the court for an unspecified amount of spousal support. She also wants half of a $6 million bank account which includes "7th Heaven" money, stat ... and half the value of 2 lavish properties in Brentwood, CA.

Turns out Heaven CAN'T wait.

JimmyJoe

The comments so far are pretty ridiculous, calling the guy a "cheapskate" and so forth. They are divorced - DONE as a couple! Her claim that she has become accustomed to a rich lifestyle strictly due to HIS success as an actor does NOT mean she can continue to bleed him dry. The guy is also a successful author, who makes money off of that too. What the hell does SHE contribute to make such demands from her EX husband? If she's an actor herself, she can go out and earn her own bucks. What a lazy whore.

backfire

didnt they have a daughter on a reality modeling contest? and they came to visit?

Yup

Dear money grubbing gold digger: when you file divorce papers, that's when they figure out what assets are up for grabs, NOT AFTER. Nothing he makes after filing is included. That's the law, and you're sh*t out of luck. Deal with it...

speekintruth

Women are so independent - as long as they get alimony to finance it.
Since this unfortunately in the times before prenups were somewhat standard, I suppose she is entitled to half what he earned with her.
I hope he has the biggest year of his career right after the settlement is reached.
I know it is the law, but anyone cashing in on someone elses good fortune and hard work make me sick.

speekintruth

Women are so independent - as long as they get alimony to finance it.

speekintruth

It is unbeilievable to see how women come out of the woodwork to cheer her on in getting everything she can. I mean, he must have been horrible, beating her, cheating on her, emotional abuse etc.
LADIES - you are showing your true colors. It is a very ignorant person who blindly picks sides.
You sure are showing me a bunch of reasons not to ever get married again.
Divorce lawyers have told me that women always want to get their pound of flesh. The first battle of a divorce attorney is getting his female clients to understand this is not the point of the legal system.

speekintruth

we are in looooove. It is a special kind of love. It isn't about money....
until....
you make a lot of money and we don't get a long - then it is about money and I want to ruin you as well.

speekintruth

Alimony should be abolished.
Prenups should be mandatory
Then, everybody would be taken care of, and divorces wouldn't be so vindictive.

speekintruth

I'm going to throw up next time I hear a woman say she is independent. Why is it that all middle aged divorced woman need taking care of? The man has to work, but it is the woman's right to cash in a golden ticket.
That is pathetically dependent - nowhere does this pass for independence.

kr

she deserves it

drjimmy

My wife and I have two kids....get this we both work. Now getting a job is hard these days....but you could have worked while raising your kids....so many do it. Child support for the kids until they are 21...im good with that...Alimony 1 year. then thats it

Mr. Moet

That marriage may have lasted 27 years, but it was over long before that bum moved out. Why didn't Faye file for divorce when he moved out? How can you be destitute living in a home worth over $2million with your adult daughter? Sell that house, and find a job/new career. Faye need to stop exaggerating and making excuses for not attempting to support herself. Her acting career was not all that great, but I am sure she can find a movie or TV role somewhere. The last movie she appeared in grossed $19.2 million total in 2008.

NoBozo

Faye Grant was a very popular actress in the 70s including the great sic-fi series "V". Her marriage to the gorgeous Stephen Collins was a so-called perfect power couple scenario. Guess their ideal pairing is over, sadly. So California, 50-50 time. She's too old to get those roles and he's still working even as his hairline recedes and his jawline slacks. Sad comment on Hollywood equity for mature women.

tal0822

Boo-hoo, do what the rest of Americans do, GET A JOB!!!!

Jared

I hope Faye Grants 's lawyers take TMZ to court because this article is entirely fabricated.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments