Chuck Lorre

Slams L.A. Freeway Workers

You're All Lazy Aholes!!!

11/8/2013 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1108-chuck-lorre-405-01
The guys working on L.A.'s famously crowded 405 Freeway are all a bunch of lazy, unproductive pissbags who are SCREWING millions of commuters every single day ... so says legendary sitcom creator Chuck Lorre.

FYI -- the 405 has been under construction for years (you may have heard about Carmageddon in 2011 and 2012) ... and Monday night, Lorre unleashed the fury that had been building for years in a Vanity Card that aired during the CBS shows "Big Bang Theory" and "Mom."

1108-subasset-chuck-lorre-405-01

The card reads, "Dear Guys Working on the 405 Freeway, How's it going? I only ask because you started work over five years ago to add more lanes and, well... there aren't any."

"I've also noticed that on most days you're not actually doing anything. Is it possible you've grown bored with the project?"

Lorre continues, "From my untrained eye, you appear to be understaffed. Perhaps you might consider hiring a few thousand more guys and work in 'round the clock shifts, instead of, you know, just when you feel like it. Also, to avoid angry commuters flipping you off, how about giving them a heads up when you close an off ramp for no apparent reason? (Maybe a few miles in advance instead of a hundred yards.) And finally, I need to ask a small favor. Several times a week I crawl along the ol' 4-nication-05 with a bladder that is near to bursting."

"How about we work out a system where I, and other urinary-challenged drivers, get to pull over and share your port-a-potties? Maybe we can repay your hospitality by bringing you fresh magazines to read while you're in there working."

Pretty aggressive -- and the freeway project is reportedly more than 16 months behind schedule -- but is it justified?

Lorre's no stranger to conflict -- he famously battled with Charlie Sheen back in 2011 and recently felt Roseanne's wrath when she blasted him on Twitter for allegedly stealing one of her jokes.

boo

I have to say that Texas roadworkers are the same way. 5 Guys standing around talking watching 1 Guy work. I know it's Hot as Hell down here but damn. Michigan roadworkers are the bomb, tho. Because of snow most of the year, they get stuff done early, recieve a bonus for doing so and sleep well at night for a job well done.

Dan Frederiksen

Lazy or not, it certainly seems like not enough is being achieved regarding such a crucial pathway.
Why not make it 3 story tall. Or a tunnel only for zero emission cars so you don't need massive venting.

Lorre, you're a wealthy man, pay some guys to set up timelapse cameras to watch them. Make a youtube do***entary to expose them if there is a real problem. Do it covertly.

GTO

Absolutely on point, why does road work take years, yet banks & gas stations seem to go up overnight.

Clytemnestra

You don't have to be on the 405 to know how justified Chuck is. I've lived in several cities where there was a road project that defied explanation in terms of how many YEARS it took to complete. Very frustrating for both deprives as well as taxpayers.

Santo

I was siding with the workers, until I read that the project is a year-and-a-half behind schedule.

Kelly

Justified? How the hell do we know if it's justified. It's Lorre's show; it's his forum. If he wants to rant on his title cards instead of Facebook, then sure, ok, it's justified.

Kelly

This could be a blanket statement for every city and state. Excellent

Italia

This guy is rich as hell and could take a chopper to work instead forcing other drivers to deal with Lorre's road rage. Maybe Lorre ought to have his limo driver take him wherever he needs to go in a mobile home where he can nurse his dysfunctional prostate and have lunch at the same time instead of disrespecting working people.

Lauren

This pisses me off. Its not the men out there working that have caused it to be delayed, its the aholes that sit behind a desk. I come from a large family of men who work construction, and I know for a fact that if a job goes over its because the higher ups are either trying to half ass something, or because it didn't meet quality standards. Get pissed at the people running the job not the people doing it.

6one9

YOU know what CHUCK
Sit there ``` like the rest of us!!
Turn on some music and relax!!!
YOU get NO special treatment for who YOU are!!
Deal!!

NE1

I was about to criticize him but having a full bladder when you're stuck in traffic is no joke.. I suppose even rich people deal with that.

Tom

Maybe he should offer to help them on the construction project. I'm sure he has the knowledge & physical ability to do a great job.

Best Mom

Chuck really has a way with words and getting his point across! LOL!

Sherron

He obviously is an overpaid jerk! I bet he really works hard for his ridiculous paychecks. He has the nerve to criticize hard working construction people!

Wow ...

You tell 'em Chuck. I agree. Anyone that travels the 405 would agree. For that matter anyone who has dealt

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments