Usher

Sued For Stealing Hit Song ... Allegedly

11/8/2013 9:27 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1108-usher-tmz
Someone caught up with Usher ... and sued him for allegedly stealing a huge hit.

Three guys claim they wrote a song, "Caught Up" back in 2002.   It's about a man lost in love.

Usher recorded a song 2 years later called "Caught Up" ... also about a man lost in love.  It skyrocketed on the charts and was featured in his album, "Confessions."

The 3 guys -- Zacharia Edwards, Mitch Moses and Vince McClean -- claim they played it for a honcho at Arista Records -- Usher's label -- and the dude then played it for LA Reid.    The 3 guys never heard from Arista again, but 2 years later they heard the song on the radio.

They're suing for unspecified damages.

feinburgrl

Not surprise. Usher is known to be a shell of other people's work, soyou can't give the fault of Usher but more through the producers.

Truth

DONT PEEPS EVER LEARN??? PEBBLES AND LA REID ARE ALIKE ---> 2 FRAUDSTERS AND MUSICAL RAPISTS BEHIND THE SCENE SINCE 1980. WAT IF UR A MUSICIAN AND HEAR THOSE NAMES ATTACHED TO A POTENTIAL CONTRACT?? RUN FOR UR LIVESSSS!!! LA REID IS NOW HEAD OF EPIC RECORDS. WATCH UR BACK SINGERS AND SONGWRITERS! #TRUTH!!

Farrakhan Ashy Larry

So they were in a coma for 9 years?

Jennellabella 2

So shouldn't they be trying to sue LA Reid too? They did give Reid the song right?

laffnbear

He very well may have.
It is true wogs are known for thievery.

Helenne Bernadel

Didn't Ryan Toby write "Caught Up" ?

Helenne Bernadel

Didn't Ryan Toby wrote the song?

thatsomeBS

Dumb story

Wadena Pyatt

No damn Ryan Toby nor these guys wrote my song Caught Up for Usher Raymond! This lawsuit is fraud and just to get the public mind off the truth of wrong that happened to me for over 10yrs through the courts and outside. You want truth, then interview me and checkout my YouTube posting of the beef over Caught Up, My Boo and the other songs I wrote!! I am Wadena Pyatt, Former artist of MBK Entertainments and Alicia Kets songwriter who did not get no credit for my work. Just google me. I believe you may had covered my story too about the litigation over Caught Up and others. Its so sad that ppl are sweating my songwriting of old joints I wrote and trying to take credit. I've written better hit songs than that. Gesh!!

Wadena Pyatt

I meant to say I am Wadena Pyatt, Former Artist of MBK Entertainments and Celebrity Alicia Keys songwriter who wrote Usher's Caught Up!!!

nod

If you look back it the history, this album was a make or break for Usher, they needed a slam dunk hit and that crew just couldn't do it.
Hence the theft and yes these players are notorious for this conduct.
For someone that said that it took 9 years...it was reported that the were threatened with being black balled from the biz, do our research b4 you post.