Mark Wahlberg

Actors Comparing Themselves to Soldiers

'How F**king Dare You!' [VIDEO]

11/13/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
New Video

111313_mark_wahlberg_afi_launch_wm

Mark Wahlberg lashed last night, saying "For actors to sit there and talk about 'oh I went to SEAL training?  I don't give a f**k what you did."

Wahlberg was speaking at the AFI Fest in L.A., when someone asked a question about the rigorous training for his movie, "Lone Survivor." It seems Mark may have had our story about Tom Cruise on his mind in which Tom seemed to compare his acting job to fighting in Afghanistan.

Wahlberg unloaded, saying "For somebody to sit there and say 'my job was as difficult as being in the military.'  How f**king dare you, while you sit in a makeup chair for 2 hours."

Wahlberg didn't stop there.  He said, "I don't give a s**t if you get your ass busted.  You get to go home at the end of the day.  You get to go to your hotel room.  You get to order your f**king chicken."

As we reported, we have seen the video of Tom Cruise's deposition where he makes the Afghanistan reference.  When the opposing lawyer says, "Now your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan," Cruise does not react -- he certainly doesn't make the question look like a joke.

In fact, when Cruise responds, "I didn't hear the Afghanistan, but that's what it feels like and certainly on this last movie it was brutal, it was brutal," he doesn't make it look like it's an obvious joke.   It seems more like a macho answer.

But then, the opposing lawyer crystallizes the point and says, "Do you believe the situations are the same?"  You can see a light bulb go off in Cruise's head, and he realizes where the lawyer is going, and he snaps, "Oh come on."  At this point Cruise is disavowing any comparison.

update_bar
2:04 PDT:  Wahlberg's rep tells TMZ, Mark loves Tom and was in no way referencing him in his comments.

1113_mark_wahlberg_afi_footer

RachesRules

First off, LOVE Wahlberg. Secondly, Tom Cruise didn't even make the reference, the lawyer and some idiot at TMZ did. Tom has always been such a gifted actor, it's the cult that has been his downfall. Really really sad.

JazzyPudding

Ok, Friends...I posted this 2 hrs. ago on my page and have already accumulated $ in my acct. I'm shocked and wanted to share. Check it out..It really is real. http://www.thetaskjob.com/?share=13551

Yes, I'm That Leah

This is why I like Mark. :)
Tom ------> Please, sir.

Pudding Tang

Dirk Diggler is the new hollywood voice of reason.

JazzyPudding

Marky Mark has always been a cutie.

Ok, Friends...I posted this 1 hr. ago on my page and have already accumulated $75 in my acct. I'm shocked and wanted to share. Check it out..It really is real. http://www.thetaskjob.com/?share=13551

Bolingbrook Mom

Wahlberg just took Cruise to CHURCH! Too bad Cruise doesn't attend the Church of Reality.

jenny

mark went to jail for blinding a chinese man in the eye because mark was a white suprematist racist he got lucky after going to jail hes still a disgusting human he sounds very jealous of Tom he probably thinks hes a bigger star,I think toms comment was just a comment not to be taken so seriously mark is a Ugly little man

she

This is the same Wahlberg who said if he had been on one of the flights taken on 9/11, he would have been able to stop the attack. TMZ, it feels like you started a misleading story about Tom Cruise and this tool is going by what TMZ says. He's a hypocrite. Mark is so tough but he is just an actor, too.

Matt

People applauding Mark Wahlberg, you do remember he's the same guy who said he would have stopped one of the planes on 9/11 right?

So besides the fact Tom Cruise never actually compared himself to a soldier, Mark himself has no problem making tough guy comments.

rlemons

I love Mark! He is sometime who took his, that was spiraling out of control, and turned it totally around. You can't hold a grudge against someone for the past. Especially when they've changed. No one should ever compare themselves to a solider. He's 100% right in his comments.

ladydiinpa

get 'em Mark; and he should know;; but as if we did not all know there is no comparison...

strunz2318

He couldn't be more right...good for him. Cruise was way out of line.

Justsayin'

Coming from Mark Wahlberg the same man who publicly said if HE were on the plane when 9/11 happened things would've gone "differently".

leslie.turner88@yahoo.com

Dear Harvey and Charles,
When was the last time you visited Detroit? I know this is short notice but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing. My wife and I watche TMZ all the time and she's a big fan of Harveys which is partly why I would like to invite you both to my and my wife's 24th anniversary party at our home on November the 17th Sunday 2013 in Detroit. I would've liked to invite the whole crew but the budget wouldn't permit. The second part is basiclly because after 24 years we've never had a honey moon or even been out of Detroit on a vacation. Even though she has been on dialysis and waiting for a kidney, she still manages and takes care of business. She's my rock. She keeps me going. She's my hero. This is why I wanted it to be extra special and decided to celebrate with friends and family and I would like to invite you and Charles to celabrate with us. Food, drinks and entertainment by local artists, mostly family. and you'll find that there is a lot of talent in my family and even though you may have chosen the family to keep up with the Kardashians, our family would not only keep up with the Kardashians but surpass. One major difference between the Kardashians and the Turners is that I have all talented sons. You're the boss. You can change the rules. Maybe you could have two familys and see which one can keep up. So if you aren't able to come, it's more than understandable but if you can, I won't tell my wife because It would be one of the biggest surprizes she's ever had. I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my query.

Sincerely,
Les Turner

PS
We could make it a From Rags To Riches for my family because I have been unemployeed just over three years and my wife is working part time, less than 15 hours a week and receiving social secuity. On the down time I have been writing and producing local artists in my home studio.

aemish

I LOVE THIS GUY! Awesome.