Mark Wahlberg

Actors Comparing Themselves to Soldiers

'How F**king Dare You!' [VIDEO]

11/13/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
New Video

111313_mark_wahlberg_afi_launch_wm

Mark Wahlberg lashed last night, saying "For actors to sit there and talk about 'oh I went to SEAL training?  I don't give a f**k what you did."

Wahlberg was speaking at the AFI Fest in L.A., when someone asked a question about the rigorous training for his movie, "Lone Survivor." It seems Mark may have had our story about Tom Cruise on his mind in which Tom seemed to compare his acting job to fighting in Afghanistan.

Wahlberg unloaded, saying "For somebody to sit there and say 'my job was as difficult as being in the military.'  How f**king dare you, while you sit in a makeup chair for 2 hours."

Wahlberg didn't stop there.  He said, "I don't give a s**t if you get your ass busted.  You get to go home at the end of the day.  You get to go to your hotel room.  You get to order your f**king chicken."

As we reported, we have seen the video of Tom Cruise's deposition where he makes the Afghanistan reference.  When the opposing lawyer says, "Now your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan," Cruise does not react -- he certainly doesn't make the question look like a joke.

In fact, when Cruise responds, "I didn't hear the Afghanistan, but that's what it feels like and certainly on this last movie it was brutal, it was brutal," he doesn't make it look like it's an obvious joke.   It seems more like a macho answer.

But then, the opposing lawyer crystallizes the point and says, "Do you believe the situations are the same?"  You can see a light bulb go off in Cruise's head, and he realizes where the lawyer is going, and he snaps, "Oh come on."  At this point Cruise is disavowing any comparison.

update_bar
2:04 PDT:  Wahlberg's rep tells TMZ, Mark loves Tom and was in no way referencing him in his comments.

1113_mark_wahlberg_afi_footer

Holly

I HATE Tom Cruise, FKN *****!!

Buggy

Here's another reason to frickin love Mark Wahlberg -- Tom Cruise is a *****! Take your frickin millions for doing nothing and shove them up your arse!

Dee Dee

Not one of you idiots realize that the quote that quote was never said by Tom Cruise. And Mark Walberg is a racist man who beat an Asian man blind.

nof

Gimme a break.

Self-portrayed: The Shining Knight.

At Tom Cruise's expense.

TC was talking about the PHYSICAL REGIMEN required for a shoot.

Period.

cantralia

Thank you Mark, for being real, as if acting in a movie is like what my son gas done in his 3 tours, and his current one in Afghanistan.. FU Tom Cruise!!! Never again will I see a movie with you and I will be telling everyone I can about his comments... He is a crappy actor and has a huge ego thinking he is so important.. He is a puppet of his crazy cult

nof

Wahlberg thinx he's gonna become a big national hero by portraying himself as Team-Soldier.

Aligning himself with the-TC-Vilification-Movement.

-Which died six years ago.

billybob

Mark Wahlberg is a phony POS. He still believes that he could have stopped the terrorists on 9/11. Why should anybody listen to this s***bag?

shaun

I like Walhberg because he's from Mass and he seems like a pretty cool dude and is a good actor. I must admit though he is kinda a hypocrite becuase wasn't it him that said if he was on the 9/11 flight that 9/11 wouldn't have happened? Regardless I like that he was standing up for the troops (being a vet myself) even if there is the possability he just said it to boost his image. I think he was half way honest though. I will take it. Also I keep seeing contradictory stuff about Cruise so I am kind of conflicted as to whether he said it or not or if it was wildly taken out of context. Even if he still didn't say it I still think he is a douchey primadona.

nof

Next up for the DW P.R. Camp:

DW comes out hard vs. this alleged movement.

To rape, plunder and humiliate nuns.

CANTBELIEVEITSNOTBUTTAH

Listen, I dislike Tom as much as everyone else, but when are these articles going to make clear that Tom did not say that--it was his LAWYER asserting it, and then Tom SCOFFED at it. This is a non-story that keeps going on and on inexplicably...kind of like Tom's career...

nof

Donnie will next re-do all of Tom Hanks movies.

Beginning with Forrest Gump

Donnie will now die, and for his Country, damnit.

At the end of EACH picture.

The American Flag/National Anthem, superimposed upon closing credits -

Jessy

*Round of Applause.

jenny

please read the bio on Mark W he is a digusting human, he is a phoney that got by to long without anyone knowing that he is a s***bag racist.

jenny

Mark should know that these comments are taken out of context to make stories look sensational,
off topic hes so beady eyed ugly

Sally

When I heard what TC said--- my blood pressure went way up----comparing "acting" to being a soldier or fighting a war are NOTHING, nothing, alike---the real Hero's, Winners, Stars are the men and women who are REALLY putting their lives on the line for US---I lost respect for TC a looooong time ago---way to go Mark Wahlberg---I so agree with your response