Mark Wahlberg

Actors Comparing Themselves to Soldiers

'How F**king Dare You!' [VIDEO]

11/13/2013 1:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
New Video

111313_mark_wahlberg_afi_launch_wm

Mark Wahlberg lashed last night, saying "For actors to sit there and talk about 'oh I went to SEAL training?  I don't give a f**k what you did."

Wahlberg was speaking at the AFI Fest in L.A., when someone asked a question about the rigorous training for his movie, "Lone Survivor." It seems Mark may have had our story about Tom Cruise on his mind in which Tom seemed to compare his acting job to fighting in Afghanistan.

Wahlberg unloaded, saying "For somebody to sit there and say 'my job was as difficult as being in the military.'  How f**king dare you, while you sit in a makeup chair for 2 hours."

Wahlberg didn't stop there.  He said, "I don't give a s**t if you get your ass busted.  You get to go home at the end of the day.  You get to go to your hotel room.  You get to order your f**king chicken."

As we reported, we have seen the video of Tom Cruise's deposition where he makes the Afghanistan reference.  When the opposing lawyer says, "Now your counsel has publicly equated your absence from Suri for these extended periods of time as being analogous to someone fighting in Afghanistan," Cruise does not react -- he certainly doesn't make the question look like a joke.

In fact, when Cruise responds, "I didn't hear the Afghanistan, but that's what it feels like and certainly on this last movie it was brutal, it was brutal," he doesn't make it look like it's an obvious joke.   It seems more like a macho answer.

But then, the opposing lawyer crystallizes the point and says, "Do you believe the situations are the same?"  You can see a light bulb go off in Cruise's head, and he realizes where the lawyer is going, and he snaps, "Oh come on."  At this point Cruise is disavowing any comparison.

update_bar
2:04 PDT:  Wahlberg's rep tells TMZ, Mark loves Tom and was in no way referencing him in his comments.

1113_mark_wahlberg_afi_footer

HumanNature

THE "OSCAR" GOES TO MARKY "MARK" WAHLBERG!!!!!

APPLAUSE PEOPLE!!!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I don't get why Mark would jump on Tom for crap he said (or allegedly, or didn't say, TMZ keeps changing the story) considering people have jumped on Mark for crap Mark has said. I like Mark as an actor, but he's not America's sweetheart for stating the obvious.

amber

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mark Wahlberg. He's trying to back pedal after saying something so astronomically stupid.

My husband, an Army Veteran, saw the comment and told me "He may be right, there was one day where I didn't get my sparkling water either and it was a TERRIBLE day." I couldn't help but giggle a little. But seriously. How dare he compare acting to fighting in Afghanistan. He wouldn't last a day over there.

Tracy

Hmmm... Wasn't Wahlberg the one who said that had he been on one of the 9/11 flights it wouldn't have crashed? Pot calling kettle black here.

Jack

Wahlberg's just as bad. Back a few years ago, he claimed he wouldnt have let the planes on 9/11 crash:

Wahlberg’s belief that he could have been a a real-life hero on 9/11 got all the attention: “If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn’t have went down like it did,”

Toughguy thinks he's better than the victims on the plane

Anderson Froap

Uhhh this story is a lie. I was in the ROOM at AFI fest and Wahlberg was NOT in ANY WAY specifically asked about the Tom Cruise thing. AT ALL. He was ask about the physical stunt work in the movie and how he prepared for that as an actor.

Dab710

Who cares what Cruise or Wahlberg think ?!?

Wahlberg is a thievin' tool who stole Mike Dunn's chicago house classic 'Move that Body' and pretended the Funky Bunch came up with it. The track that catapulted his career is a complete scam,...just like him.

Anderson Froap

This article is complete misleading. I was in the room and Wahlberg wasn't asked ANYTHING about Tom Cruise. The question he was asked was regarding the physical stunts he had to do on the film. He was asked about this IN FRONT the real life soldier that survived the real life incident. That is what he was talking about. He said a lot more but his answers were heavily edited above. His response has nothing to do with Tom Cruise and TMZ is turning it into something it isn't.

Fahlina_G

Good for Mark Wahlberg! He's right! How DARE Tom Cruise. I'm sure his "training" will be a real comfort to the mother of the 18 year old soldier who just lost his life, protecting our freedom and Cruise's right to make such an ignorant remark!

werd

Fight Fight Fight!

JennaKennedy

I love Mark! Go Team Mark! Tom Cruise is so lame.

Livvie

Whatever...they both suck.

Daysdnconfuzed

I couldnt have said it better. I love me some Mark Wahlberg. He is real and Tom Cruise is a joke. How dare he ever compare himself to soldiers fighting in a war.

Calico

Tell it, Mark.

Lucky Lucy

This makes me like Mark Wahlberg even more than I already did.