Shirley Mitchell

Last Surviving 'I Love Lucy' Castmember

DEAD At 94

11/13/2013 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1113_shirley_mitchell_i_love_lucy_dead_article_cbs_swipe
Shirley Mitchel
l, the actress who played Marion Strong, Lucy Ricardo's cackling friend on "I Love Lucy" has died.

Mitchell is the last-surviving adult castmember.  She died at age 94 of heart failure in her Westwood condo.

Marion Strong has this distinction -- she set up Lucy and Ricky on their first date.

Mitchell was no stranger to sitcoms.  She also appeared on the hit show, "Bachelor Father," playing John Forsythe's secretary.

Mitchell also played Opal Clampett on "The Beverly Hillbillies."  She also appeared on "Petticoat Junction."

Mitchell was married to pop composer Jay Livingston, who co-wrote "Mona Lisa," and won an Oscar for best song.

111313_shirley_mitchell_launch 1113_shirley_mitchell_remembering_footer

sookietex

May the gods speed Shirley Mitchell but she is not the last surviving I Love Lucy cast member. As commentor eric-in-l-a mentioned, TMZ, you're forgetting the actor who played 'little Ricky'---Keith Thibodeaux who is still alive and well.

Just My Opinion

I am a BIG fan of that show. I still watch it today. All of the cast members are truly loved and missed. R.I.P Shirley. Oh and btw..love the hat! LOL

Just My Opinion

Little Ricky was more of a cast member than the ones that made just one appearance on the show.
I heard that they didn't treat that dude well, and seeing them say this, what I heard may be true.

Just My Opinion

If you like famous people and want to know where they are buried at, and would like to leave them a note and online flowers by your note. here is the website and the topic page is about Shirley. So, if you like to go there and post a note there to Shirley, here it is:

You can also find love ones or people you may know, and where they are buried at. Whether they were buried or cremated. One the non famous people, It does ask more than the name on that part, so more info you can give it, the better your search will be.

cynthia russell

I have been a I LOVE LUCY FAN FOREVER SHE COMES ON AT 6:00AM I TRY TO SEE HER EVERY MORNING THEY ARE THE OLD SHOWS BUT THEY ARE STILL GREAT

Just My Opinion

Mark your calendar for December 20th. I love Lucy will be on CBS at 8:00 pm EST. A in color Christmas one they made.

RL

She is not the "LAST" cast memeber alive. Keith Thibodeaux who played Little Ricky is still alive.

Rob

She was great! R.I.P.
Did she ever lay that egg Lucy acknowledge in one episode because Lucy could not tell a lie for 24 hrs.
I still watch the reruns !

dierdre

May she R.I.P. I remember watching her on the "I love lucy" show....She lived a long life. She will be remembered as being on the best tv comedy show of all times. My condolences to her family..

Morgann Peters

May she rest in peace. I loved that show, and I'm glad she led a long life that I hope was fruitful, peaceful and happy.

Rocio

Lucy, "stock cackling! I've been waiting 10 years for you to LAY THAT EGG!!"

Sarasota

Last surviving I Love Lucy cast member? Has anyone checked on Keith Thibodeaux lately?

Oooops.

vodootees

RIP Mitchell, I created t-shirt in loving memory of shirley mitchell, Get the tee here http://teespring.com/shirleymitchell

vodootees

Brittx

RIP came from a classic show and remembered probably as a classy lady. my heart goes out to her friends and family as well as all her fans. god bless

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4