George Zimmerman

Deputies Find Gun Stockpile

11/26/2013 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1126-george-zimmerman-01
George Zimmerman was well armed last week when he was arrested for domestic violence ... according to Seminole County Sheriff's deputies who got a warrant to search the home Zimmerman shared with his girlfriend.

According to law enforcement,  Zimmerman had stockpiled five guns and more than 100 rounds of ammunition ... including the 12-gauge shotgun his GF, Samantha Scheibe, claims he used to threaten her ... by shoving it in her face.

The search warrant ... obtained by TMZ .. shows in addition to the Kel-Tec shotgun, Zimmerman also owned an AR-15 semiautomatic assault rifle and three handguns.

1126-subasset-guns-george-zimmerman2
Deputies also confiscated a pocket knife and a religious pendant.

Zimmerman is currently free on $9,000 bail ...  his whereabouts are unknown.

1126_strapped_stars_footer

TMS

Stockpiled?!?! Really? My boyfriend and I have three handguns, three rifles (one considered and "assault" rifle) and a shotgun between us. We also have well over a 1000 rounds of ammo and I don't consider a stockpile at all.

Brian

Five guns isn't a stockpile. Was he breaking any laws having five guns? A stockpile would be more like 25+.

ALH

5 guns and 100 rounds of ammo is NOT a stockpile! For f*&k's sake.......

Tim

that's not a stockpile you freaking idiot.

baseball2013

The guns that Zimmerman had don't even come close to a stock pile. Do Liberals own more than one of anything?

Chad

LOL, I own over 30 firearms and have well over 10,000 rounds of ammunition. I shoot competitions and targets... I am ashamed to be a Democrat... Jeez it really has became about gun grabbing...

Chad

LOL, I have over 30 firearms and carry one everyday. I shoot competitions and target shoot. I also have over 10,000 rounds of ammunition and reload most of my own after shooting. I am truly ashamed to be a Democrat. I am a liberal person but am tired of people blaming the guns. Do we ban beer and liquor because of drunk drivers ? Jeez...

Jessie

This guy has proven himself to be a bully menace since even before the Trayvon case. I guess EVERYONE is a liar but poor George. Poor George everyone is just picking on him. All those weapons are unnecessary. All of you gun advocates will stick together no matter what he does (For the record, I'm not against owning a gun for protection or hunting purposes. Owning a plethora of guns is not necessary unless you plan on attacking a third world country, and owning an assault weapon is NEVER necessary). This is why we have psychos shooting up movie theaters and schools, because no one wants to call a psycho when they see one. He needs to be locked up in a mental institution.

cekeste

5 firearms and 100 rounds... That's 20 rounds per firearm. That's not even enough for a day at the range. Looks like the ammo shortage has hit hard.

TMZ, get real. This guy IS an idiot, but so is this article.

mike

It's funny how now that it's apparent that George Zimmerman really IS without a doubt a psychotic gun-nut all the people who defended him during the martin case have to keep on defending him so they don't look like the idiots they really are. This is the second time now since the martin case that he's threatened someone with a gun. It's only a matter of time before he kills someone again.

Nyd

Some stockpile, I bring more guns with me camping.

Give it up, Z-man is walking on these bunk charges just like last time.

Vote2012

Good....throw him in prison with OJ and the rest of the bunch. Remember if you get into trouble be sure it's in Florida or California they are weak on crime in both states and their legal system is a joke.

Suzy Q

I just heard! Zimmerman was driving the speeding car that killed Brian!!

Get him!!

RudeGal

So let me get this straight...Zimmerman had all this money tied up (which is easily 3K or more) in his gun 'collection', but was supposedly 2.5 million dollars in debt with only $144 dollars to his name (even though he stated he was just about to move to Texas)?? He enters a plea for indigence because he couldn't afford to pay for his own legal fees or electronic monitoring, yet asks the courts for his iPhone and Blackberry back? Wait...what? And to top it all off, it seems he has now dropped the Public Defender and hired a Private Defense Attorney. Why weren't any of these guns listed as an asset in his initial plea and how TF do you go from being 2.5million dollars in debt with only $144 bucks in your wallet to now hiring a Private Attorney? This dude is just so beyond shady that it makes me sick.

Arctor

Great FEAR MONGERING piece TMZ. 100 rounds. Holy Moly two small boxes of bullets. What happened no lame Miley news to print, you have to put this guy and his crazy girlfriend in the spotlight. LAME reporting TMZ. We can all tell from the tone and attitude of his girlfriends 911 call that she wasn't scared and he never pointed a gun at her, she just new it would get results, and get her in TMZ. Leave the MURDERER alone. Go report some real news, like the LOST BOY who said he was diddled by Hollywood.