'Fast and Furious 7' Director

We Will Finish Making the Movie

12/7/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

120713_james_wan_launchPaul Walker's death may have put a halt to production on "Fast and Furious 7" ... but last night the movie's director told us there are absolutely no plans to abandon the flick.

A somber James Wan was leaving LAX when he told us how the cast and crew are holding up after Paul's death a week ago ... and assured us 'F&F 7' is still a go.

Wan didn't offer details on how he'll complete the movie, but there would seem to be only two options:

1) Keep the footage they've already shot of Paul, and write out his character, Brian O'Conner.

2) Rewrite the whole thing without Brian O'Conner and shoot the movie from scratch.

Got another idea?  Write it in the comments.

Clearly, any option will require extensive script changes, so ... it remains unclear how long Universal will have to postpone production.

jedd wilson

did you hear about these "s***bags" who run story after story about paul ,just to make a buck of of his death,unbelieveable.

shakedoggy

did they take heeth ledger out of batman forever wen he passed? of course not. did that movie do bang up bizniz? of course it did. they shood leave pawl in and call it fast n furious 4ever.

Jean

PAUL WALKER - I'LL NEVER FORGET HIM!
Gone too soon but he was one of the good guys. PLEASE keep the footage taken of him and use it in FF7, take as long as you need to to get the script right. If Paul is cut out of the movie I'm not sure I'll be able to watch it, SOMETHING WILL BE MISSING BIGTIME, ya know? Condolences to the family, lots of love from Canada.

JiLL1

I don't think Paul would want the movie to be scrapped. He put a lot of work into it as did the cast & crew. I say the movie should have a tribute to him & maybe find a way for his character to die off screen & for the movie to start with his friends speaking of his character's death

Slimturk

Use the parts he is already recorded in and write him out. It's only fair for fans of all ages! Even my young nephew who has grown up watching fast and furious is very upset learning of Paul Walkers death. We as fans understand he has passed. However, at least just continue writing and fade his character out the movie. Let fast and furious go on as I'm very sure Paul walker would not want his fans to see no more of these amazing movies. Rest in peace Paul!

Dan

I wonder why they don't do what they did with Gladiator when Oliver Reed died before all his scenes were filmed. They created a digital body double for the rest of his scenes. It was good too since I never even realized it until I read it somewhere. I still haven't figured out which ones were the digital and which ones are actually him.

Joe

Do what they did with The Crow when Jason Lee was killed in production; use a stand-in and don't shoot forward facing.

kris101

Keep the scenes already shot. Have Jason Statham's character kill Brian O'Connor - but not in the same manner in which Paul Walker died - that would be too insensitive. Make Jason's character out to be the bad guy and the cast will be out for revenge.

August Baby 77

Keep his scenes...write his character out with dignity

D1

I think they already made their decision! I saw that a production company got a license to film that area the same day Vin Diesel got on the police loud speaker to address the mourning fans. They will kill him off, and the speech Diesel gave about Walker was filmed and will be made to seem like a speech for his buddy "Brian O'Conner" in the movie..... Holla!!

TedFrunk2

I had a great, awful idea. They use all the footage he already shot, then have him get plastic surgery to disguise him from (I haven't watched any of the movies), then just continue with another actor. It would be so hacky and bad.

TampaJoey

Hey TMZ... what's with the ****ty font you're using on your website. It sucks!

Skar

Get someone like Jason Lewis that looks like Paul walker, have them sit in his car, have Dom and Mia walk towards the car, and it blows up, then it shows Ian on top of a building with a detonator.

billybob

Great! They should cut the live video footage from Walkers spectacular crash'n burn scene into the movie and let the movie character die a f*cking cruel but heroic death.

They would lead the box office for weeks!

clit ripper

I think Justin Bieber looks enough like him to take over the part.