Susan Boyle

I Got Asperger Syndrome

12/8/2013 10:01 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1208_susan-boyle_tmzSusan Boyle has announced she was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome sometime last year ... but says the whole thing has been one big blessing in disguise.

The "Britain's Got Talent" star made the announcement Sunday with the UK Guardian ... telling them her diagnosis was a relief -- because people will finally get a "greater understanding" of who she is.

Susan says she struggles with relationship and communicative difficulties -- but getting a grasp on her Asperger's will help her deal with those sitations better.

For those unaware -- Asperger's is a mild form of autism.

Susan adds, "Now I have a clearer understanding of what's wrong and I feel relieved and a bit more relaxed about myself."

liberal racist

is aspergerr like furberger?

Lena

Ummm No NO SH54 SHERLOCK! THIS is news? Anyone with more than two brain cells could've guessed that. CHEESE AND RICE PEOPLE!!!!

Kelly

Isn't is supposed to be "I've got" as in 'I have gotten' or 'I have.'? To say "I got Asperger's" sounds like she contracted it.

Grandma Cracker

She is so very talented as are many individuals who are "on the spectrum".

Jillkp

Shocker. Not.

tippy katz

oh snap i thought that was harry styles for a second

PitBullLover

D O H to the 10 power

Kath

Does this really surprise anyone? I fail to understand why you would even feel the need to post this. Since you know she has been dx with Aspergers, you know that she may say/do things that she may not understand she may want to keep private. Unless she makes a formal press release, you should not publish this. Have some DECORUM, people!

stu

Actually Asperger was taken off the medical books this year.

Nancy

She's known about this diagnosis for a year but just coincidentally "reveals" it the day before her single is released. Pity has always been a large part of her sales, looks like she & Simon are desperate to shore up her flagging career.

KicksandGiggles

Yeah, it is kind of cheesy this announcement was timed to her single's release. Nevertheless, I extend well wishes to her because it is the humane and decent thing to do.

randall

She looks like the bird lady from Home Alone.....but anyways no wonder her performance was so awkward on Wendy Williams. I thought she was high or something when I saw that performance.

zombie

Are you TMZ writers illiterate? It is "I've" not "I" got. Susan Boyle is not an ignoramus but apparently you people are. Go back to school.

SusanInFlorida

Aspergers is a mild form of autisim. Please do not make fun of Susan Boyle.

arforama

Sorry to hear this about him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments