Kanye West

BLASTED BY OHIO POLICE CHIEF

How Dare You Compare Yourself to Cops!

12/12/2013 10:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-chief-david-oliver-ap-2-articleA police chief in Ohio is GOING OFF on Kanye West -- tearing the guy apart for comparing himself to cops and soldiers ... saying Kanye has NO CLUE about the real dangers they face.

The cop with the beef is Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver ... who says he was listening when Kanye told a media outlet that he puts his life on the line at his rap concerts ... just like cops and soldiers.

Chief Oliver was so angry, he posted an open letter to West on the department's Facebook page ... saying, "You sir, are as misguided as they come."

The majority of the letter is dripping in sarcasm, mocking Kanye for the ridiculous comparison:

"Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military."

"After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow."

"I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck."

The letter ends, "What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves."

"Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver."

120913_kanye_west_polcie_compare_launch

whatsup

I like this officer!

caucexican

Ok, so let's think objectively. Kanye has been given too much attention and it must be difficult for an already ego driven person not to act the way he does after he became famous. The controversial things that he says are more than likely planned so that he stays in the media; although, i do not doubt that he truly believes the things that he says. I mean..look at Miley Cyrus. Regardless, I still can't stand the guy. He is probably going to read these comments and say that we are all jealous of his success, but honestly I don't think that is the case. I think most of us are frustrated that our kids today idolize such an awful person with terrible morals. Thank you

Troy T

Kanye is a stupid waste of life !!!!

Clytemnestra

Good for calling KW on his ridiculous statement. Every time a cop so much as pulls someone over for a traffic violation, that cop is putting his/her life on the line. And every year many lose their lives because of some nut job. Ask Kanye how many rappers are killed performing at concerts? ZERO!!

marmar

Jackassssssssssssssssssssssssss stupid

tired of hearing about them

I have a new hero. Thank you for saying what we all think.

beachbum

My daughter, husband, and brother-in-law are all police officer and my son was in the Army deployed for 15 months at a time twice. It make my blood boil to read what this idiot has claimed and I think its about time that people stand up to the nonsense that falls out of this creeps mouth. He wants to compare the "dangers" of his job to those off officer or soldiers yet I don't see him walking around with a gun or bullet proof vest to assure his safety. The only thing he has to worry with is someone beathing his black tail for the crap that comes from his mouth! I can show him real danger, I can show him what happens to soldiers at 21 years old on their second deployment just 3 weeks from coming home from a 15 month deployment by taking him to my son's grave after he was shot in the face and his throat cut by an idiot wearing a sheet and covering his cowardly face! Thats danger Mr West thats the reality of those you claim to be like everyday! You are a sick sick person and you need to get some serious help before someone actually does place your life in danger due to the crap that comes out of your grill! Some of you ask "why do people like his music" "PEOPLE" do NOT like his music the "black" community that are just like him like his music. I would like to stand infront of MR. WEST and ask him what exactly he has done in his lifetime for his Country. I would bet that would be the ONE time in his life he would be speechless!

Laura

GET EM' CHIEF!!!!!!!!

J

Ok I am usually a very peace loving calm black man. But my father, mother and two uncles have been police officers! My father retired as a Commander! All this to say please someone slap kanye real hard. While your at it take out chris brown, rush limbaugh, Courtney stodden and Ted cruise, and everyone at msnbc and Fox News!

Laura

NOW Kanye… GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE AND HELP FIGHT THIS WAR!!!!!!

t.r.

Good job, Chief. Couldn't agree with you more.

Shannon

Thank you Chief Oliver for saying what everyone was thinking!! God Bless you, and everyone that puts their life in danger every single day!! Kanye West is a poor excuse of a human being!!

WhyNot

Every time someone responds to his outrage, he gets attention. He wins. Ignore him! Don't put it in the media. Don't publish it on social websites. Just stop acknowledging this putz! You only make him worse! If a man speaks and no one listens... he doesn't make a noise.

tired of hearing about them

I would also like to add, I would like to see him do what he does and only make what a member of the military or police forces makes.

Chucky Mapoo

Give Kanye a Rodney King beating when he touches ground in Ohio... you'll be glad you did.
(The More You Know)