Kanye West

BLASTED BY OHIO POLICE CHIEF

How Dare You Compare Yourself to Cops!

12/12/2013 10:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-chief-david-oliver-ap-2-articleA police chief in Ohio is GOING OFF on Kanye West -- tearing the guy apart for comparing himself to cops and soldiers ... saying Kanye has NO CLUE about the real dangers they face.

The cop with the beef is Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver ... who says he was listening when Kanye told a media outlet that he puts his life on the line at his rap concerts ... just like cops and soldiers.

Chief Oliver was so angry, he posted an open letter to West on the department's Facebook page ... saying, "You sir, are as misguided as they come."

The majority of the letter is dripping in sarcasm, mocking Kanye for the ridiculous comparison:

"Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military."

"After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow."

"I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck."

The letter ends, "What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves."

"Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver."

120913_kanye_west_polcie_compare_launch

sPaNkdEnALgAs

I still don't get it; how does somebody this DUMB stay in business?!?!
Sheer dumb luck I guess.........

Brandall

KANYE WEST IS SO IGNORANT!!! How dare he compare himself to law enforcement and the military. There IS NO comparison. No one likes him, he is no "God", he is no "Idol", he is merely here for our amusement. He had no right to say the things he said, ESPECIALLY since he has no idea what these people go through on a day to day basis. THANK YOU CHIEF OLIVER, you're awesome and you are very well respected in my book.

CT

Someone should put lead in kaynes head.

Lena

If Kanye ever needs a police officer in a real emergency, I bet none will be in a hurry to help him. He's an idiot!

Mista steal yo hoe

I think what tom cruise and kanye are attempting to explain, is that being that magnitude of a celebrity, certain fans become obsessed, and resort to attempts at stalking, breaking into celebrity homes, obssesive following. And in fact most celebrities are at risk of something bad happening. Look at john lennon for instance...one of the most known names in american history, shot in the face at his own home. Someone was waiting for him. I think their just trying to say their at risk from psycho fans who might make a desperate attempt at getting close with them, but in no way shape or form can that be compared to the line of duty of police officers and our military. Salute to them all as I am a 4 year veteran of the seabees.

Grimm

"and if they hate then let'em hate and watch the money pile up".
It's a gimmick.. you're giving him all the attention he is asking for by saying this. fuel on the fire people.

dark

He'll just roll his eyes and give this black exasperated look like.

"Maaaan, dat just be some old white cracker dat be saying his he shouldn't be saying unless he wants to back dat **** up!"

Sad thing, is, he CAN back it up. Every single day

dark

He'll just roll his eyes and give this black exasperated look like.

Sad thing, is, he CAN back it up. Every single day

anya2u

Well said , Sir !

twocentz

i wish people would stop going to his shows.

texangirl64

So glad to see someone speak out to this MAGGOT!! I would love to see the Military say something, if they can! Boots on the ground have it the worst, how dare this s*** compare himself to these men and women of service!

FLUX

Please, you have to forgive Kanye..........he is an idiot.

Tonya

As a Soldier who has deployed twice to Afghanistan and was damn near blown out of a guard tower by a rocket; I feel I have the right to call bulls@#t on this!!! Please Kanye inform me of how you "possibly slipping o stage " can even remotely compare to the danger I have been placed in. Are you going to come tell my kids that I fought for YOUR freedom to talk like a complete idiot? The fact that you reproduced is just down right terrifying.

lake

the "danger" that dude faces is atherosclerosis or stroke or diabetes or heart attack or face plant. He can't even chase a perp, he's so lard-loaded. He's also full of crap if he wants to celebrate the soldiers in Afghanistan, who have NO business being there and who are fomenting hatred for the United States government; they're not dying for any "cause" at all and their actions violate international law. Does this fellow listen to Kanye's music? Surely not (apparently some people do). Kanye is not all there, so why dignify anything he says with a "rebuttal"? He's not rapping with a full deck! Dude is totally whack.

Jennyfromtheblock

IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with this guy??? An other delusional and psychotic human being out in the streets, trying (thinking) he is giving an example to "society"...just dissapear will you! Look at other REAL celebrities...do you see THEM saying the idiocies you say Mr. KW???