'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

k

So what!!!!! It's a friggin "reality". The world will go on.

Duckfamilyrocks

I think A&E is making the biggest mistake he is Just stating his religious belief he did nothing wrong he has the freedom of speech the freedom of religious beliefs it's the first amendment it's In the constitution that's unconstitutional for kicking him off because of his beliefs yes it might be offensive to some people but it's his belief his opinion are country was built on are beliefs and there treating him wrong it's good I'm 100% duck family big fan and A&E I know will lose a ton of viewers if they go threw with it I'm sure another channel or company would take duck commander in a heartbeat who wouldn't stay in here duck family big fan love you guys

debi

I am glad to see this family sticking together. I do not watch this show or any other reality show BUT I have read about what happened and it is SAD to see that someone who is very vocal about his Christianity does not have the right to state his viewpoint - NEVER did I read that he said that anyone else HAD to believe his views. We get it crammed down out throats daily on "gay" marriage and other issues - so what is the difference that watching "gay" couples making news daily when it totally offends me to the core BUT it is NOT OK for this man to state his views?

Jeremy

According to the Bible, it looks like Phil Robertson and all those saying he should practice righteousness in public were wrong and shall not receive God's kingdom for they have already received their reward. It's referring to pride and vanity.

King James Bible

Matthew 6:5
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Matthew 6:1
"Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

Orangeduck

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it." VOLTAIRE

Why do the non-believers never defend our right to express our views. Do we not bleed when offended?

Wiggie

Dang. Now what am I going to watch until my Zombie show comes back on in Feb.. Hey, maybe they could do a cameo on TWD!

bucky

This hillbilly is a hypocrite. If he was a Christian he would follow the tenets of Christ. Jesus was not a hater.

mary

no loss...is this the best tv has to offer?? he has free speech, freedom of religion and freedom to be a miron...money doesnt bring class.. i do t watch, his opinion wont. gange my non watching

Christopher Hitchens

i don't think it's just his religious homophobic views that got him suspended, it was probably his racist remarks about how African Americans were happier before the civil war they "worked hard and sang songs"....people need to get your heads out of your ass it's freedom of speech unless that speech is hurtful or ignorant, and it's also freedom of religious practices not that we are a religious nation, one nation under God wasn't added to currency or the pledge until the 1950s, and E Pluribus Unim doesn't mean a nation under one God as many say it means out of many colonies one nation was formed together

Kevin

They should just put the show on a different network. The show will probably be just as, if not more, successful. People are stupid for getting angry just because someone has a certain opinion/belief. NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON ON EARTH HAS A BELIEG/OPINION THAT IS IMPORTANT. Duck Dynasty is the best thing that has ever happened and it would be pretty damn stupid just to end it because of an opinion.

Rebecca

Tired of GLAAD and their constant search of straight people to try too make Phil look evil. He is a fine man and just because he does not agree with your philosophy doesn't mean he should be raked among the coals. Sounds like GLAAwATCHING THISW D need to be a little more tolerant since the re is such a thing as the ////first amendment in place. I don't see this going your way so I would start looking for an out if I were you. There are way many more gun carrying people watching than the
lgbt community watching, Learn the battles you know you can win and for the rest of us who fight through hell and hot water for the Robertson we won't stand down and guess what? We are actually educated, my own great great uncle was Ulysses S Grant. Mind you not the best president to date, but we also have a Governor in Georgia and a signer on the Declaration of Independence. I know you want to portray us of being racist, homophobic, unfortunately the lib's are as usual WRONG!!! Most of you would die to hear what my ancestor did after the slaves were freed.

Randy

It may be his constitutional right to speak his beliefs, but it is a "privilege" to have a reality show, not a right. I am not saying I agree with his opinions or disagree with them. I am comfortable in my own skin knowing that my lotalties

ban_A

Ban A&E

ban_A

No Phil no show!!!!! New name new channel and we will follow and still will BAN A&E AND ALL THERE SPONSORS. HE WAS JUST SAYING WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS .

prettypinklips

Ban A&E..Are you a retard?? Wait..I guess there will be a group coming after ne for saying that..if you dont like whats on tv..change the channel..as for Phil stating his OPINION and FIRSTHAND EXPERIENCE..he can..and should be able to..Cheers to the Robertson clan for STICKING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY and not doing the show without Phil.. Happy happy happy

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments