'Duck Dynasty'

Family Says ...

We Won't Do the Show Without Phil

12/20/2013 7:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1219-robertson-duck-dynasty

The Robertson family just drew a line in the sand with A&E -- NO PHIL, NO SHOW ... and says they are already talking to the cable channel about possibly pulling the plug on "Duck Dynasty."

The family issued a statement saying, "As a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of 'Duck Dynasty.'"

They also say they're "disappointed" that Phil Robertson was suspended by A&E just for expressing his religious beliefs ... which, they point out, is his "constitutionally protected right."

Fun fact: "Duck Dynasty" is the highest rated cable reality TV show ever.

Way to go A&E.

1219_duck_dynasty_family_photos_footer_v3

We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. The family has spent much time in prayer since learning of A&E's decision. We want you to know that first and foremost we are a family rooted in our faith in God and our belief that the Bible is His word. While some of Phil’s unfiltered comments to the reporter were coarse, his beliefs are grounded in the teachings of the Bible. Phil is a Godly man who follows what the Bible says are the greatest commandments: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart” and “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Phil would never incite or encourage hate.We are disappointed that Phil has been placed on hiatus for expressing his faith, which is his constitutionally protected right.We have had a successful working relationship with A&E but, as a family, we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm. We are in discussions with A&E to see what that means for the future of Duck Dynasty. Again, thank you for your continued support of our family.

heather

I support everyone's right to free speech......but when practicing our Right to Free Speech people should also take into consideration the feelings and views of others ......which obviously a lot of people don't.

eCharleen

I hope the Robertson family turns its back on the world and continues to pursue Jesus.

eCharleen

My prayer is that the Robertson family will turn its back on the world and continue to make Jesus the Lord of their lives. These reality shows do nothing but destroy, which is exactly what they're designed to do.

Carla

PULL THE PLUG!!!!!!!!!! Too bad A&E.

nikkilover101

I do love the show but you can't force people to change their beliefs. Phil chose the wrong words. However, as long as homosexuality is not brought up on the show, I don't see why its such a big issue!

Cari

I'm LIBERAL and SUPPORT PHIL ROBERTSON!

Nexialist

I pay $169 per month to watch local, network, and cable tv whose writers, actors, and producers have utter disdain for my values. When I see content I don't like, I change the channel. When hate groups like GLAAD see content they don't like, they try to keep me from watching.

LadybugNana51

I agree with Phil Robertson 100%. We all have a right to free speech. GOD does not condone homosexuality! Read the Bible!!! And to heck with the people that say the Robertson family is white trash! They are an awesome family and I will stand behind them 100%! I will express my beliefs as long as I am alive! I don't care who likes it! We all have a right to live the way we want and to state our beliefs. If we don't agree with others, so what??? All of us and I mean ALL races and gays need to get a backbone. Why do people get so upset with words?? I am tired of the race card being played and the gays being so offended. If they think they are living such a righteous life, why are people's comments so offending to them??? Get over it! And again, read the Bible, God says he created men and women to be together!!!! Not two men or two women to be together. I am not condemning anyone's life style! They will be judged so I am not judging them! I will let God do that! But don't stop me from freedom of speech!!! You go Robertson family!!!!!!

Curt

OH NO! The DD clan will not continue w/o Phil?

Hmm ... that is so important that I'll still eat dinner tonight.

Curt

OH NO! The DD clan won't go on A&E w/o Phil?

Hmm ... I think I'll have dinner tonight.

Sd girl

JUST B/C YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO EXPRESS EVERY THOUGHT OR BELIEF YOU HAVE ESPECIALLY IF IT HURTS PEOPLE!!!!! #morons #stupidpeople #intolerantfreaks

Warren

Good for the family. Stand your ground.

jbh01

Love this family!! I don't agree with his point of view but I think that you can say what YOU believe in and not be thrown to the wolves for it!! Just b/c he feels this way doesn't mean you have to! Geesh!

Now u know.

Can someone explain why A&E let dog the bounty hunter use N word and it's ok. Tell me A & E you must think it was ok. Check mate

christian mom

I'm glad they're sticking together! As I'm glad Gay & Lesbians, & black people are sticking together too! I can't imagine saying that black people were happier not having rights, being hung & beaten, tar & feathered & other unfathomable tortures. This matter shows how we are all actually sheeples in general :(

Previous 15 Comments | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments