Common

Snoop Dogg isn't the Best Rapper/Actor

But I Know Who is...

1/1/2014 12:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

123113_common_launch
Common says Snoop Dogg was barking up the wrong tree when he declared himself the world's greatest rapper/actor ... 'cause he tells TMZ, someone else deserves the #1 spot.

The "Hell on Wheels" star was heading home from the gym on Monday ... and we asked him about Snoop crowning himself king of the actor MC's.

Common says Snoop's leaving out at least one famous rapper who kills it on the big screen ... and he took the high road by not naming himself.

Check out the clip for his pick ... (Hint: he was NOT in "Soul Plane").

BLUE UGLY 💩

I'm the best actually

Pilar Bernsteen de Juarez

Vanilla Ice

dreamon

Common is the best rapper/actor that comes to mind. Tupac believe it or not was more than decent in the few films he was in. As for Snoop, no shade but he'll always be typecasted as the mellow pot smoking guy in films. That's just his image.

bernergirl

Ice-T rocks Law and Order

tori

LL andd or Ice Cube not Snoop Lion

BrooklynCat425

Mos Def is an awesome actor.

Keyser Söze

Mos Def, definitely. 2Pac too was a great actor. And Will - well, like him or not, he still was the biggest black star for the last two decades til he went all Scientologist on us.

As Snoop, love him to death but... he always plays Snoop in the movies! And yeah, that's what we want to see him do, but that hardly make him the best. Not even close.

J

There are many.. I def think ll cool j and Mos Def are the best .. Common is very good too, but Eminen in 8 miles was a great movie too.. Granted he played himself but id like to see eminen do more on the silver screen

Jordan

Just ask anyone, and when I say anyone I mean Kanye, Ryan Seacrest, Kris Kardashian the Kardashian Sisters, Kim is a Genius, She Should have a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Shame. She is a Musical Genius, she is a Hollywood Genius, I am Sorry I Can't Go on any further about Kim it is early and I almost spit up my Coffee Laughing so hard Using the Words Kim Kardashian and Genius in the same sentence.

YouDontSay

Eminem is a genius and owns it.

Mr. Mojorisin

2pac in gridlocked, above the rim, and juice left the viewer intrigued. You could feel the passion he had for acting in those films

mlimbs

TMZ is stupid they act like these videos are going to be so great we have to see what he says whatever I am probably lame for watching this ****

Celeb Gossip Addict

Several of them are very good actors. Will Smith of course. Ludacris, LL, Mos Def, Queen Latifah, Tupac, Ice T, Ice Cube. Snoop is decent but he's not in the top 5 let alone being the best.

TuxThePenguin