Macklemore

Rocks Louis Bag

We Call That Getting Tricked By a Business

1/3/2014 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102-mackelmore-splash
Macklemore turned his back on the thrift shop thing yesterday  -- rocking what looks like a ridiculously expensive Louis Vuitton bag at JFK.

Ironic, Mack rails against designers in his famous song, rapping about how designer labels are a massive waste of money -- "Limited edition, let's do some simple addition / Fifty dollars for a T-shirt - that's just some ignorant bitch (sh*t) / I call that getting swindled and pimped (sh*t) / I call that getting tricked by a business."

We can't verify from the picture that the bag is authentic, but we did some Googling and it looks exactly like Louis' Keepall Bandouliere bag, which retails for $1,770.

So we gotta ask ...

SuccessCher

I have purchased two Louis Vuitton bags from the thrift store in my area. One was worn, the other almost new the vachetta leather was had not started to darken. I took them to a Louis store and both were authenticated as real. Do not say you can't buy LV at the thrift store. I have shopped thrift stores for years; you would be surprised what people give away!

nika

It was only a matter of time before his hipster skin shed off...can't say no to the money, money, money!!!!

Rushmore

He doesn't see the point in paying loads a money on this stuff when he could get thrift store bargains. He probably got it as swag from the company. If that's the case, what's the problem?

edswoggle

....sometimes, you come across LV and other high-namebrands at Goodwill....you just gotta be lucky as Hell with timing to score.

But let's be honest...that's new from the store. Screw it, he has money now. The message is still worthy.

nathanmorrowofficial

For everybody who thinks this bag is fake, it's 100% real. I'm a very avid Louis Vuitton collector. This is called Monogram Macassar, which is why the straps of real leather are brown. They are treated. Anyways, anybody who's that successful should be able to spoil themselves every once in a while.

en Todo Momento!!

i hate it when you have all these miles and fly a lot, and then some 'i fly once every ten years' bozo shows up with all this luggage, and is totally annoying and gets all up in everyone's way, and block the whole aisle. it happens every time i fly. they usually look just like this...

graf

Check his kicks too! Retro Air Jordans which can fetch a pretty penny. Son is a hypocrite.

diane

OMG shudup. It could be his girls bag. And even if it is is big ****ing deal.

DeAnna

It could have been a gift. I got a Coach bag for Christmas I would have never purchased for myself.

thcEn1gmA

could have been a gift

Lola

He's dressed worse than a hobo... what a douche!

carmen

it's a frigging song idiots. omg pull your heads out.

GeneralNatty

looking at his whole ensemble and the fact christmas just went by, it was probably a gift. I don't see hypocracy i just see tmz nitpicking.

R34

I understand it is hypocritical but... really, who cares? Its just a bag...

RippersGirl

Chances that he actually paid for that bag, real or almost real, are next to nothing. It was likely a gift as most celebrity goodies are.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments