Macklemore

Rocks Louis Bag

We Call That Getting Tricked By a Business

1/3/2014 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0102-mackelmore-splash
Macklemore turned his back on the thrift shop thing yesterday  -- rocking what looks like a ridiculously expensive Louis Vuitton bag at JFK.

Ironic, Mack rails against designers in his famous song, rapping about how designer labels are a massive waste of money -- "Limited edition, let's do some simple addition / Fifty dollars for a T-shirt - that's just some ignorant bitch (sh*t) / I call that getting swindled and pimped (sh*t) / I call that getting tricked by a business."

Macklemore

• Good for him
  • Hypocrite
We can't verify from the picture that the bag is authentic, but we did some Googling and it looks exactly like Louis' Keepall Bandouliere bag, which retails for $1,770.

So we gotta ask ...

Nytyme

I draw the segment on this and in response to the comment made that you cannot get a Louis Vutton bag from the thrift store...well you Vann. I just bought one yesterday from the thrift store. Hardware and th he number stamped inside. Although I think that he got his from the thrift store...his money, his choice.

Heather

My 12 year old son just put this into perspective " ah come on its a song, do they think the lady in that other song can breath under water? ( the song by metric)

B

I know he likely doesn't personally set prices for his t-shirts at concerts, but my friend just went to his show and sent me a photo of the cost of Macklemore tour shirts... $50, right on the nose. If he wants to carry a fancy bag or ride first class, let him, but he probably shouldn't write about people ignorantly spending $50 for a t-shirt and then charging that exact amount for his own. THAT'S hypocrisy.

Dave Edwards

The caller on today's (Monday, January 6) live show who stated that LV does not make bags with black leather trim is mistaken. The bag Macklemore is carrying is the Keepall 55 Bandouliere from the Monogram Macassar line. There's no way to know for sure if it's authentic without seeing more detailed pictures.

Al

Fake bag btw, look at the side closest to him. LV logo is upside down. Louis Vuitton never has their logo upaide down on the real bags. Guess it really was 99 cents.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4