« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evander Holyfield's Son

My Dad Does Not Hate Gay People

1/6/2014 11:57 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0106_ewin_evander_holyfield_gettyEvander Holyfield may think homosexuality is wrong ... but his son says the heavyweight boxer's got nothing but love for gays -- and even had a great relationship with a gay in-law.

Ewin Holyfield tells TMZ ... Evander is no bigot -- despite being bashed for expressing his opinion on homosexuality during last night's "Celebrity Big Brother" in the UK.

Ewin says, "My dad is the most loving and caring person you will ever meet. He treats everyone like a human being ... even if they are homosexual."

In fact, Ewin says he has a gay uncle ... and Evander treated him like a brother.

Ewin adds, "My dad feels that being gay is a choice ... and naturally that's how things work.  You cannot procreate and make a baby with two women, or two men.  But at the same time, my dad is not going to judge someone for their sexual orientation."

010514-evander-holyfield-launch-3

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

EggsOverEasy

Of course he doesn't hate them.. he is just incredibily ignorant about them.. and the cult he is a member of as well.. :)

Mikey

He doesn't hate gays, he likes them. Why else would he want to help gays by trying to cure them? Good for him!

AZCHIC83

your dad just judged them... nice try, trying to defend him though... sorry you failed

static

Evander is right take a midol and deal with it.

Dead account Delete at will

he never said he hated gay people. He just doesnt agree with them. Which is his right and is perfectly ok.
Gay people think everyone should have their own opinion why cant he have his? Because you disagree with it?

Lil Wayne

Just because somebody doesn't agree with you or your lifestyle, that doesn't make them a homophobe. Gay People, Black People, and Mexican People are the most sensitive group of people.

Keillyo

okay, why do I feel this topics/news stories are being hand picked by the man in charged? Come on Harv, stop spreading hate.

Mike L

Did this kid see one of my posts on here? He said almost the exact same thing I always say, word for word. "You cannot procreate and make a baby with two women, or two men." Though I will add, I like watching 2 women. ;p

CelebJustice

Here we go again. Who gives a crap what he believes, he's entitled to his own beliefs as long as he is not advocating violence or hatred towards someone else. Which he is not doing. Too bad the same can't be said for some of these "tolerant" liberals who call for jihad every time someone thinks differently then they do. Live and let live already.

boo boo

So those who say they disagree with the idea that some people are born gay are called haters?

Phil Mcl

What are gays going to do come judgement day? God has punished people even the chosen people and even if you don't believe in God what if!!!!!!!

Dead account Delete at will

Theres people that are in love with machines. Should they be able to marry their vacuum. What about people in love with animals? Should they be able to marry their dogs too?

DiM

"even if" they are homosexual shows how he feels about people who are different from him. If he wants to get into anthropology and evolution, i guess the argument could be made that the heterosexual breeders (myself included) have overpopulated our earth and the more folks who are gay or who are choosing not to breed will adopt and/or foster. Who knows.
A lot of religious folk have "odd" theories about these things. As long as they are not spouting hate, we ought to make an effort to to tolerate their beliefs even if they are clearly ignorant. I mean I don't in the face of 75 year old lady Christians who claim Jesus was a literal virgin birth even though I know it's impossible and ridiculous.

TheEric

If straight people think being gay is a choice, I would like for them to tell me when they sat down, made a pro and con list, and decided to be straight. It's not a ****ing choice

2cray4

I agree with Evander. People are doing things that beasts of the fields and fowls of the air don't do when God granted human beings all of the knowledge. No one can tell me it's not a choice.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments