Venezuelan Soap Star

MURDERED

Daughter Survives Vicious Attack

1/7/2014 10:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0107-monica-spear-miss-venezuela-gettyA Venezuelan soap star and her ex-husband were shot to death by a roving band of highway robbers -- but amazingly ... police say the couple's young daughter survived the attack.

Monica Spear -- Miss Venezuela 2004 -- and Henry Thomas Berry were shot and killed after their car broke down near the town of Puerto Cabello in Venezuela.

Police say the family was waiting for a tow truck when the bandits showed up. Spear and Berry locked themselves and their 5-year-old daughter inside the car ... but police say the robbers opened fire, killing them and injuring the girl -- who's hospitalized with a bullet wound to her leg.

0107-monica-spear-gun-shot-car
The family lived in the U.S., but were on vacation when they were attacked.

Venezuela has one of the world's highest murder rates. According to news reports, violent crime is so bad ... even residents are afraid to venture out at night.

0107_monica_spear_remembering_footer

fyi

es realmente halagador, si lo pienso, tantos años, tanta molestia que te has tomado.... millones de twitters, tantos montajes por la calle, tanta performance....
no sé, hace sentirse a una especial, jo.
gracias, Michael.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

blah

so sad.

INTHEZONE

No worse than Flint, Michigan

fyi

no veas lo que me has aliviado, tenía una preocupación esta tarde que no podia vivir ni mirar hacia delante. me sentia con una cara lo que se dice "cariacontecida" que no sé que cara he llevado, estaba ida, confusa, sobre todo muy ida, y preocupadisima que en cualquier momento ibas a aparecer, después de lo que me he creido, que habías olido la ropa sucia... vamos, no veas la tardecita que he pasado en esa farmacia.... imaginate.
estaba acojonada, francamente,
pensando que era verdad.
de todas formas, veo que soy objeto, y subrayo objeto, de tu atención.... de tu juego, de tu forma de pasar el tiempo. es muy halagador, eres más famoso que nadie en este planeta. de verdad, me siento especial. veo que te llama la atención mis peculiaridades físicas, mi forma de vivir, cómo salgo a la calle, mi ropa.... debe ser para tí como una viaje a otro mundo exótico y pintoresco, verdad?
me siento halagada, hay billones de personas en el mundo, y yo parece que te hago gracia, porque veo que me sacas mucho partido para reirte... no? me alegra divertir a Michael Jackson, es todo un punto.
gracias.

Caroline

Uhm, "Skip"... What you don't understand is that there are still people who cherish and miss the place where they come from very much. She didn't live here, but she was always very open about how much she loved Venezuela and how much she hoped the situation would change, as the great majority of venezuelans do. Unfortunately, this is the reality we live everyday

jeff

Sounds like Detroit

marmar

Who cares?

rsmik

I like to be in America
okay by me in America
everything's free in America
for a small fee in America

Jamey Hunter

Very sad, but still...how do these people manage to live the US?

shewentwhoa

She wasn't a soap star... She was Miss. Venezuela in 2004 and her 5 year old daughter was this her. She was shot in the leg but thankfulyl survived..

mwen

scary. sad just sad.

barnyardhumor

So sad - prayers are with the family. Not just Venezuela but many places in US where you can't go out at night. What is the world coming to?

Livvie

In just the first week of 2014 there have been 70 murders in Venezuela. Stay the f.u.c.k away.

PCM

I wasn't going to comment on this post, but after reading so many ignorant comments about "staying the f*ck out of Venezuela " I had to. I'm Venezuelan, I live in Venezuela, I have American family. Yeah, we are going through a very rough patch. We have been for the last 15 years. I have no idea if it's going to get any better or not. So far, it doesn't look like so. Politicians have taken control and we basically live under a communist regime. However, this will always be my native country no matter what. And I think the millions of Venezuelans who have moved to other countries would agree with me. So for the love of God, don't write b*ull**** if you are no aware of our situation. That woman simply was here for vacation visiting her family. RIP.

quilligan

What a horrible tragedy for that little girl. I hope she will be able to recover physically and mentally some day. I can't imagine, I just can't imagine....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments